Rad Appeared...Again

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by huck1680, Jun 13, 2011.

1. huck1680

huck1680 Great Northern CanUkrainian

Hi Guys

My Rad kicked in again and the latest to join my shaving arsenal are these. The photos are from the sellers. First is a rhodium plated Aristocrat that looks to be in terrific shape, I'm starting to really like the 'Ristos. The second addition is a nice shaving set that has a story behind it. The set originally belonged to the sellers' father who was learning to fly with the RAF when he was gifted with the kit for his 21st birthday. Now, he was stationed while learning to fly in Regina, which is the city I live in and his last name is the same as my address, Procter. So after close to 70 years the kit has come all the way back to Regina from England and I know who owned it.

Attached Files:

2. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

A couple of nice kits there.

3. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Very nice, especially that rhodium replate of the Aristocrat. First solid-bar guard 'Crat I've seen redone in rhodium. Beautiful.

4. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Nice! Very nice!! :happy088:happy088

5. huck1680

huck1680 Great Northern CanUkrainian

Gotta tell ya. I'm so stoked over the shaving kit that I'm having a moment here.

This young guy gets a shaving kit for his 21st birthday and doesn't know what's going to happen after that. He's learning to fly to go to war. Who's going to remember him if things don't work out? Well, luckily things did work out and his son sells his kit years later to a man who lives in the same town his father was stationed in and lives on a street that bears the same name as he does. You can't make this stuff up. The Missus got a huge charge out of this as I did.

History makes us all cognisant of where we fit into the scheme of things and I'm very pleased to be a part of it all.

Best wishes to you all.

6. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

Great history you received dude.

7. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Very nice sets. :cool::cool::cool:

I only think RADs go into remission and never completely go away! :rolleyes:

8. Alucard

Alucard New Member

Very nice stuff. I am in my second stage of rad. I got over it a few years ago but am now just recuperating from a relapse. The good thing about RAD is that it only lasts as long as your pocket book holds out...which for me is not that long.

9. Tforc

Tforc Member

Wow

So shinny thanks for sharing :eek:
    B

10. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Beautiful razors and an intriguing story, thanks for sharing both! :)

11. Brian

Brian Active Member

Yeah, what he said! Very nice!!

12. tomnat

tomnat accepting applications

Great story. I love hearing about stuff like that. And a beautiful razor to boot!