Raiser Pinsel

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Jasio78, Oct 28, 2014.

1. Jasio78

Jasio78 Well-Known Member

As I'm in my early days on my DE shaving quest, as well as learning everything to do with successfully executing the shave, I'm trying to find creditable suppliers of the stuff I want/ need to buy. ( I live in Devon, England, ). There are two shops available to me. An independent department store, and a large tobacconists.
    In the tobacconist today, I picked up a new brush. The problem was they had several brushes all priced from £18 to £25 ( not sure off the top of my head what that is to you guys) all were labeled pure badger hair. I know they're not going to be the finest of brushes, but had a look and thought I'd pick one up. I paid £21.00 for it. Now the problem is, I can't find out anything about it. The lady in the shop didn't have a clue when I asked the difference between them, so I wondered if you guys have ever heard of them, so I know wether to go get my money back or if it maybe a reasonable purchase.
    It's called a RAISER PINSEL Part number 1016.
    There was also a 1020,a 1040, and a few others.
    I have a Simpsons special, that I'm really beginning to enjoy, (again I know these are only entry level brushes) but it is very small knot and loft and I wanted a bigger brush. I'm planning a more extravagant spend for Christmas, but hopefully this pinsel unit will be good enough to further my education.
    Has anyone seen, got or used one??

Thank you.

2. Bristle Me

Bristle Me Insufficient

3. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

That link is someone's blog.

Translated.

Rasierpinsel is German for Shaving Brush.

4. BigMark

BigMark Tests razors by shaving Wookies

Oh Jeff where are ya buddy? ;)

5. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Can you provide a picture?

6. BigMark

BigMark Tests razors by shaving Wookies

1 Pound sterling is 1.6 American dollars.

7. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Read the quote I have from the translator. Not as good as Jeff but it tells the tale.

I know the brush is not a current Mühle because that is not their numbering sequence, but it could be made another German, Swiss, or Austrian company, or a company that exports brushes to those markets.

8. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Does the brush look like this?

[​IMG]

9. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

Sorry I've never used a Raiser Pinsel brush before.
    Do remember however a more expensive brush doesn't necessarily mean a better lather. Give your Raiser Pinsel a chance before spending more money... Do your research and try to figure out what you need and want from a brush(handle material and shape, hair type(badger, boar horse, synthetic), loft and knot sizes/shapes).

When I first began "traditional" shaving, after trying a sample of each brush type, I fell in love with a really inexpensive brush, that there is much controversy still today over whether it's boar or horse( know one seems to know for a fact). :confused:.
    All I know for sure is that it lathers very well for me, has lasted through 2 years of daily use so far, is still going strong and cost me $5 shipped. :)

10. gzp

gzp Well-Known Member

Like GDCarrington, I'm thinking it could be a Vulfix. Vulfix has model numbers which correspond to the ones you listed. I get the impression Raiser Pinsel may be some sort of reseller or wholesaler and may put a variety of brushes in their own packaging.

GDCarrington likes this.
  11. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

I saw a Vulfix photo with Raiser Pinsel on the side of the box and the numbering is consistent with Vulfix.

12. Jasio78

That Sir, looks to be the exact piece I have.

13. Jasio78

Thank you people. I've found out and read up on it under its original branding. I think I've paid as much as they seem to be going for. ( I might of saved a few bob, but nothing major) I do try to support local businesses if possible so can't complain.

It sounds like it might be ok. I like the look too, so in the next week or so I will give it a couple of run outs.
    Thanks again for you pearls of wisdom.

macaronus likes this.
  14. Jasio78

Just incase anyone is interested. I gave the new brush a run out this morning. I'm currently sticking to my Kent soap, that I'm led to believe can be notoriously difficult to lather for some, and the brush was a revelation. I had been using my MEN-u brush, that is meant to be quite a good synthetic piece, but the Vulfix was superb. I imagine there quite well priced in the US, so worth a try.

Radiotube likes this.