Rate My Deal

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Red-Leg, Feb 24, 2012.

1. Red-Leg

Red-Leg Member

Okay, first significant vintage razor eBay purchase.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAP...vrkcv14%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc#ht_500wt_1184

It looks like a pair of Flare Tips, a pair of 60s Techs, a 30s NEW, an open comb Gillette (with a badly split handle) that I don't know about, a Royal Crown three piece, and a Gem single edge. Eight razors delivered for $50 is $6.25ea plus the vintage blades, styptic stick, etc.

Let me know how I did!

gorgo2, mark_s and CyanideMetal like this.
  2. Ron Trosclair

Ron Trosclair Member

Looks good!

3. SharpSpine

SharpSpine Well-Known Member

The Gem SE you reference happens to be my favorite razor. It's the OCMM (open comb micromatic) & these TTO razors are really amazing how they work. I will say though, do NOT follow their advice of shaving with the razor flat on your face. It seems best, for me & many other wielders of the OCMM, to slightly angle the head off the face & then go. Not much, but not flat either. Good luck with. Check my post in The Haul to see the one I just scored.

I think you did well with this catch! Congrats.

4. lindyhopper66

lindyhopper66 Well-Known Member

You did do well.

5. tuco99

tuco99 Well-Known Member

Now that's a haul !

6. ajdhn

ajdhn Well-Known Member

Nice!

7. RockHolger

RockHolger New Member

So many razors, so little time. Looks like heaven to a newbie.

8. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Really nice haul! Congrats. I'd say: clean & disinfect first and then it's decision time :). Have fun!

9. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

How did you do? Very well! Enjoy. :happy088:

10. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

That is good price for the number of razors you got.
    That is how many members got a first set of razors was through a lot purchase.
    Be sure when you get them in to properly clean them before use.

11. Turk

Turk Well-Known Member

My guess is we are out there bidding on ebay for the same razors! I am trying to build my collection also so I bid on most Vintage Gillettes. Don't win many of them but I do win some. Looks like you have a great start to your collection. Congrats!

12. fishcrow

fishcrow Birdman of TSD

You did very well welcome to the world of great vintage razors.

13. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

AHA! So now I know who keeps snatching up Slim Adjustables and Red Tips from under my nose! lol

Great collection though! They should clean up beautifully.

14. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

Very nice! You're certain to find a razor you love from that lot. Great range of aggressiveness from the mild Tech razors to the very aggressive NEW and MicroMatic. Let us know how you like each of them as you get around to using them.

15. BossManBill

BossManBill Well-Known Member

Had that on my "watch" list. Congrats! What a haul. Wish I had pulled the trigger.

16. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I was watching too. The Pal blade (or blades, can't tell how many) look to be in good, usable shape. It's a great blade, for a carbon.

17. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Yalp, ya done goot. I bought a similar lot a couple years ago and sold them all on TSD for $12.50 shipped, with each razor donating $2.00 to TSD.

18. Turk

Turk Well-Known Member

Actually, the majority of the razors I bid on from ebay are 1959 razors, my birth year. I thought I would try to gather as many 59's as I could. Of course I won't pass up other deals as they pop up!

Neolithium likes this.
  19. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

I'm just joking LOL. I've been having fun trying to get the specific razors I want but I think eBay sellers are realizing they can put insane prices up for items and some people somewhere will end up paying for them. I for one cannot justify spending $90 on a regular fatboy that is not in a case, and needs restoration work done.

CyanideMetal, DLP and GDCarrington like this.
  20. DLP

DLP Well-Known Member

:signs011: 100% agreed. Unfortunately there are people on eBay that will pay crazy prices.

Neolithium likes this.