Razor recommendation

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Turk, Aug 23, 2013.

1. Nolimit

Nolimit Member

Thanks!! Just have to find an online retailer to purchase it from that ships to Canada. Neither of the two I have used before has Weber.

2. feeltheburn

feeltheburn Well-Known Member

Nolimit likes this.
  3. Nolimit

Nolimit Member

Much obliged for the information. I shall do just that. Cheers!!

feeltheburn likes this.
  4. Nolimit

Nolimit Member

And I did haha! 5 to 10 days though this wait is going to be rough. I opted for the classic handle.

feeltheburn likes this.
  5. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

I started with an EJ 8911, and have subsequently picked up a vintage SuperSpeed, and then my wife found a couple of her dad's old razors, a flair tip and a Gillete adjustable. Also purchased a Remei as a travel razor (for about $3 US, hard to beat). My EJ is my go to. It's well built, just the right level of moderate aggression for me, and I like the heavy feel. It may be pot metal, but it's a quality razor.

I do plan on getting a Weber sometime soon, not because I don't like the EJ, but just because I want one.

6. Nolimit

Nolimit Member

I have an EJ89L myself haven't had the pleasure of shaving with it yet taking my time learning the nuisances on the razors I have purchased thus far. However I do understand it is supposed to give a splendid shave.

7. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

For a resonably priced well made stainless steel 3 piece safety razor, Weber is the only way to go I.M.O... A bonus for me is that they are also "Made in America"!! The shave of the polished head Weber for me is comparable to an Edwin Jagger 89,the DLC head Weber (if you can get/find one) is slightly smoother I.M.O....:) Another bonus I.M.O. with a Weber is both handle choices either BullDog or Classic are the same weight, so there is no weight penalty if you like either the shorter or longer handle....

8. Nolimit

Nolimit Member

Trust you me buddy I am counting down the days. Lucky for me it should arrive shortly before a month long vacation. So I should have plenty of time to learn it inside andouille rust hand.

9. Turk

Turk Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the ideas. I will pass them on to him. Actually, he will probably join the forum this week so then he can interact in the conversation.