Razor Resto PIF

Discussion in 'Freebies' started by FlightMedic, May 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FlightMedic

FlightMedic Well-Known Member

I have a Gillette Black Beauty date stamped O2, that I originally planned to restore but have decided to pass it on.

Here are the rules:
    1) Whoever takes the Black Beauty must be willing to photojournal her restoration here on TSD.
    2) There is no rule number 2
    3) The restoration can be anything you want it to be. Be creative but the razor must be brought back up to an aesthetically pleasing and fully functional state.
    4) This is open to anyone but please be willing to pass if you're not willing to participate in a timely manner with the complete restoration.

Enter your name below and I will choose a winner in the near future. (Probably tomorrow or Thursday). Feel free to add a reason that you are the best recipient and it may land you an extra entry!

Here is the Beauty in her current condition. I was able to get her unbound and working but she needs some work on the adjustments knob and a good cleaning/refinishing.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. lightcs1776

lightcs1776 Well-Known Member

Cool idea, although I am not in. I recently purchased a black beauty for my wife. These are excellent razors.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

3. drwevil

drwevil Well-Known Member

Looks interesting let me think in this one ... nice PIF. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. cliffb599

cliffb599 Well-Known Member

I'm in I'll take a shot at her.
    Looks like a good bath and a little polish should fix her up.
    Little paint maybe.

RyX likes this.
  5. SRNewb

SRNewb Well-Known Member

Excellent PIF idea.
    Thanks.
    Not in.

6. JR Reyes

JR Reyes I scream for....chicken wings??

The Short handle Black Beauty was the best vintage adjustable shaver for me. I have mainly converted to straights, but love and miss that razor. Still bugs me that I let it go. I currently restore vintage shave brushes, and would love to take a crack and restoring this razor.

I would document and share the journey of bringing this beauty back to life.

Count me all IN!

7. GarnerPW

GarnerPW Well-Known Member

Great PIF. Unfortunately I am not yet at the point were I would be able to do a full restore. Maybe in another year or so. Soooo......
    NOT in.

Sent from my phone using some app

8. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Just restoring it would be fun but you're giving us permission to be creative? I'm in, thanks! I already have ideas... as well as that missing bottom cap...

9. GSlim66

GSlim66 Well-Known Member

I'm in. I'm feeling creative!!

10. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

I have restored DE/SE? and some injectors, as well as several straights. Throw my name in the hat, I'd like to give it a shot:)
    On edit, I rather give the de shavers first shot at this, as I'm primarily a str8 shaver nowadays:)

gorgo2 likes this.
  11. Zykris

Zykris Well-Known Member

I'm in. I feel confident. Thank you!

12. dangermouse

dangermouse Well-Known Member

I'm in. Thank you for the opportunity. I would love to restore this beauty. I have had some restoration successes in the past, but I would restore this one, use it for a little while and then give it away. Cheers.

13. Pilotcld

Pilotcld Well-Known Member

Not in as I have never restore a razor. Give me a few years and my career should be comfortable enough to learn how and try! Good luck to the winner! This looks like a great PIF!

14. dustmite

dustmite Well-Known Member

Not in, because I'd forget to take pictures... But I'm looking forward to see how someone jazzes her up! Nice PIF!

15. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Not me. I just want to see what whoever wins it does with it.

dustmite likes this.
  16. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I'm in. I like restoring stuff and have the needed supplies at home. I'd love this for my travel razor.

17. jmarlow

jmarlow Active Member

Not in, as I already own one. Great razors, and awesome opportunity for someone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

18. dangermouse

dangermouse Well-Known Member

I was curious to see who won as I didn't get any further notifications. I do hope @FlightMedic is okay. Does anyone know?

19. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

Looks/looked like a good PIF. Definitely not in if it's still running - I have enough razors to restore right now as it is :p

dangermouse likes this.
  20. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I'm in; if it's still open. I'll throw my hat in and I'd be willing to try some thing different.

If it's all done congrats to the winner!

:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.