Razorette

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Truckman, Jan 13, 2009.

1. Truckman

Truckman New Member

Anybody interested? This may not be the appropriate forum.

While researching what turned out to be an Old Type at an antique store, the dealer brought this Razorette up for me to look at.

The case is about the size of an egg, the razor itself from tip to tip can't be more than 1 3/4". It had aside from the obligatory antique-store-blade-still-in-the-razor blade, two wrapped blades, one of which is seen in the pic.

Marked $30, without me saying anything he immediately dropped the price to $15....

View attachment 6999

2. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

But it does take a standard-sized DE blade, right?

3. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

no, these are like the kewtie, they took small blades, I think they were underarm shavers.

4. AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido New Member

It is a Lady's razor from around 1940. They came in different color "eggs" with different handles. They were made by St. Clair Mfg. Co., Detroit, Michigan. American patent No. 2219099 1940.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

PLANofMAN likes this.
  5. AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido New Member

[​IMG]

It doesn't look like a standard blade.

6. Truckman

Truckman New Member

:sihns011

Want a red one Guido? :D

7. AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido New Member

Those aren't mine. And no, I don't. But it could make a nice display model for someone.

8. Truckman

Truckman New Member

OK, I'm never sure which are "stock" pics and which are yours...

Just thought I'd ask. It would make a neat display for someone, I'm just not at the full display collection stage a lot of the members here are. I enjoy hunting antique stores, but I'm more interested in something I may use, or finding something someone else wants.

9. Sherry Spence

Sherry Spence New Member

I just found one of these little razorette's in an old box, any idea what it is worth?

10. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Short answer...not much. Most old razors that take proprietary blades that are no longer made end up selling cheap, since they are only useful for display.