Razorock 37 slant!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Tiredricefarmer, Apr 6, 2017.

1. Tiredricefarmer

Tiredricefarmer Well-Known Member

This is my first post! Been wet shaving for 4 wks and getting better with every shave. Got a new Razorock 37 slant in the mail today and had to try it. Used a Derby blade with Barbasol pre shave face wash, Semogue 830 boar brush, Stirling sandalwood shave soap, and Pinaud vanilla aftershave. Made 2 passes and a 3rd for clean up. Had a few weepers due to bad angle on my chin but all in all my best shave yet with greatly reduced irritation!!!! I'm STOKED!!!!

Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
    Tdmsu, SpeedyPC, Keithmax and 6 others like this.
  2. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Hi!

Tiredricefarmer and Zykris like this.
  3. Tiredricefarmer

I guess I should've said hi to everyone first! I was just so excited about that first shave with the slant I forgot my manners! My apologies!

wchnu, Herm2502 and Zykris like this.
  4. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

@Tiredricefarmer welcome to the Den from Central NJ. You've made a good choice coming here! Four weeks in and only a weeper or two is great work. Looking forward to talkin' at you.

5. Zykris

Zykris Well-Known Member

I just got the same one in the mail today. Same results and by far the best DE I have in my set of three. Welcome aboard!

Tiredricefarmer likes this.
  6. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

Hello and welcome

The German 37 is a very nice razor. Light touch and pay attention to your angle, the bbs's are sure to follow.

Tdmsu, Tiredricefarmer and Zykris like this.
  7. Tiredricefarmer

Thanks! I've learned a lot from reading this site. Will probably never quit learning. Love everything about wet shaving, only wish I hadn't waited so late in life to start

Zykris likes this.
  8. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Ain't it great shaving has gone from a "have to" to a "get to"?

9. Tiredricefarmer

Yep! It's become my hobby! Love the feel after a good wet shave! Still learning my touch though.

wchnu and Zykris like this.
  10. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    High their @Tiredricefarmer . Congrats on the successful shave with the Razorock 37.
    zwelcome2.jpg

Zykris and Tiredricefarmer like this.
  11. Tiredricefarmer

I wouldn't call it successful as much as I would a major improvement. That's what I got so excited about. Got lots to learn and a ways to go yet!

Zykris and Jayaruh like this.
  12. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I was initially fearful of slants, but I got over that pretty quickly. They do a fine job. You just have to back off any pressure. Let the razor do the work.

Zykris likes this.
  13. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

I have the 37c's big brother, the Merkur 39c, they're great razors.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
    Tdmsu, Tiredricefarmer and Zykris like this.
  14. Taipan

Taipan Well-Known Member

Are the Razorock rebranded Merkurs? Thinking of getting one but would like to know if there's a difference.

15. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

No the RRs head design was fashioned after the merkurs, but the merkur is actually considered a two piece razor. The RR is a three piece. It's actually a hidden blessing because of the versatility. You can use the very nice handle on other razor heads. The merkurs are handle dedicated, pretty much.

Taipan and Tiredricefarmer like this.