RazoRock, Cadet the same?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by fimpster, Dec 11, 2014.

1. fimpster

fimpster Well-Known Member

From reading on various websites I am under the impression that RazoRock and Cadet are the same razor. Is this correct?

2. GeneralKinetics

GeneralKinetics Well-Known Member

Yeah. Same as Cadet OC, Same as the HTGAM Symmetry. I would highly suggest the Razorock Jaws, but it's a tad past the middle of the super subjective aggressiveness scale.

3. fimpster

fimpster Well-Known Member

Thanks. I had ordered a RazoRock, but was sent the wrong model. As a replacement I may get a Cadet instead (save a few bucks). I actually want a RazoRock/Cadet to try something a little more aggressive than my Weishei and 34C.

4. GeneralKinetics

For sure. I started off with the EJ89 and with my sensitive skin and coarse hair, it was so mild that it gave me irritation from the need to overpass a bunch. I then tried the Gillette 1920 Old Type and that was pure bliss. It led me into the world of open combs. They're aggressive, but efficient. I tried the Razorock Jaws, because it's less aggressive than the Fatip and the R41 and it's perfect. It's aggressive enough that i can get an irritation free shave with little effort. The sharpness and smooth efficiency is better for sensitive skin and coarse hair than a mild razor. However...you can use a mild razor with a really f'in sharp blade like a Feather, and get fantastic results. For $21 shipped from ItalianBarber, the Jaws is a gem. The long handle is fantastic too. The geometry is also spot on.

spacehobo likes this.
  5. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

I have a Cadet OC and Cadet OC TTO. Both are well made and well finished. The Cadet OC is pretty aggressive. IMHO both Cadet models are good value for the price. Good luck with them!

Mr. Shaverman likes this.
  6. GeneralKinetics

How is the TTO version compared with the normal OC in aggressiveness? Does the TTO use the same head geometry and shaving angles as the old Gillette TTOs(If so, I don't want one, haha)?

7. Bama Samurai

Out and about, gimme a few, will post pics for comparison.

8. Bama Samurai

Head geometry Cadet TTO OC SBF-115 image.jpg

idvsego likes this.
  9. Bama Samurai

Cadet TTO OC SBF-115 image.jpg

idvsego likes this.
  10. Bama Samurai

Cadet OC 3pc SSH-02 image.jpg

idvsego likes this.
  11. Bama Samurai

Head Geometry Cadet OC 3pc SSH-02 image.jpg

idvsego likes this.
  12. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

Great pics! One of my 3 piece Cadets is like yours, but it's black handled with the stars carved out to show brass. I want to try one of their closed combs.

Bama Samurai likes this.
  13. Bama Samurai

I can only assume that the closed comb model is a solid razor. The thing I noticed right out of the box was the mass of the razors. They contain quite a bit of brass, and the plating is really nice for a razor in that price range.

14. Mr. Shaverman

Yeah, I think Cadets really show that a lot of other razors are overpriced. They perform and feel like they're worth 3x the price.

Bama Samurai likes this.
  15. Bama Samurai

Agreed. How aggro is the closed comb, say relative to an R/EJ89 type?

16. Mr. Shaverman

I don't know anything about their closed combs. Everyone talks about the OC's.

Bama Samurai likes this.
  17. CyanideMetal

CyanideMetal Wild and crazy guy

My Cadet OC is one of my all-time favorites. It's aggressive and never fails to give a great shave.

Bama Samurai likes this.
  18. idvsego

idvsego Well-Known Member

Bama Samurai likes this.
  19. Joelio

Joelio Well-Known Member

I picked up a RazoRock "bamboozled RAKE" (the RAKE head on an iKon Bamboo stainless handle) and I feel like it's slightly less aggressive than my Cadet OC. I think it's different geometry, though I absolutely love both razors. The RAKE was about $45 shipped, but a good majority of that is for the bamboo handle.

20. Bill Siebel

Bill Siebel New Member