RazoRock XXX for the new kids that can't lather

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by xnykid, Sep 1, 2015.

1. Mike Brown

Mike Brown Well-Known Member

You have to remember there is no set rules for our hobby. It needs to be enjoyable. We have more wonderful products available than ever before. Our suggestions are just that, a suggestion. What product or procedure I like may not be your cup of tea. Just keep experimenting and trying to improve upon your technique, your most important shaving asset. Soon you will realize you can master nearly any product or technique you desire and your enjoyment will soar. Have fun!! I have been doing this for over 5o years--still learning and still enjoying.

2. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

Love my Razorock XXX. It was my first Italian soft soap. Used it the last two days. If you haven't tried it, you should put it on your Father's Day list(yes, I'm an enabler).

tuxxdk and crackstar like this.
  3. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Yes, you are an enabler!

4. RetLEO-07

:D

5. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

Been using XXX soap and AS this past holiday and loving it tops. Incredible scent and performance. Gotta have the Colonia EdC soon...

6. brit

brit in a box

i have xxx and essential lime soaps.both work very well.i now tend to pick soaps based on scent these days as all the soaps,creams croaps i use work awesome.trial and error/test lathers worked for me.

RetLEO-07 likes this.
  7. RetLEO-07

Upcoming day after tomorrow the second blade audition for my 1911 Gillette OLD. Going with the Razorock XXX. Shark Super Chrome is the blade this week.
    Along with the Cella, XXX are my Italian soaps.

8. RetLEO-07

So Sunday I did use the XXX. Day was a little busy so I didn't post then. However, the lather was slick, provided a nice cushion and left a gear face feel.
    The OLD loaded up with a Shark Super Chrome made short work of my two day growth.

9. AWS

AWS Member

Razorock XXX is what got me to stick with shaving soaps. Until I tried it, I had tried some higher end soaps (like Trumper's) with less than satisfactory results and was on the verge of limiting myself to shave creams. I got good results immediately with Razorock XXX and kept at it. Several years later I am at the point where I can work with most soaps, but I still keep XXX in the rotation.

RetLEO-07 likes this.
  10. RetLEO-07

The Rock is up tomorrow for my first shave of Adjustable August. Been auditioning blades for my OLD.
    The SA-109 locked and loaded with a Voskhod awaits!
    IMG_0244.JPG

11. RetLEO-07

Shaved with XXX today..
    IMG_1294.JPG
    Last shaved with it in August. Still slick and provides a great post shave face feel

Tiredricefarmer likes this.