Razorock xxx

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Jbrew, Mar 14, 2016.

1. Jbrew

Jbrew Well-Known Member

So this arrived today. I had already shaved so I will be trying it out tomorrow.
    [​IMG]

2. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Sweet! Looking forward to your thoughts on it. :)

3. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Altho it's a lighter frag concentration than the original XXX (which I had and used up), it's a great performer. I'm sure you'll be happy with it. I have the second run of XXX (brought back by popular demand) in my line up still. Judging by the packaging, you have the third run.

Edit: my comments are about the shave soap. I haven't used the splash.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2016
    Robyflexx likes this.
  4. Jbrew

Jbrew Well-Known Member

Although this is not expensive gear, the scent from the bottle is fantastic in my opinion. My wife's eyes lit up when she took a whiff from the bottle as well. Looking forward to trying it. This one has been talked up quite a bit so my expectations are high. I will post a review on the morrow!

5. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

Where do you get it? Everywhere I've looked XXX is sold out.

6. theFAT98

theFAT98 Well-Known Member

Xxx is one of my favorite scents. Its a great soap. Especially for the price.

RaZorBurn123 and Robyflexx like this.
  7. Jbrew

Jbrew Well-Known Member

Italian barber has it. I ordered it last week

8. Jbrew

Jbrew Well-Known Member

So I couldn't wait. I tried xxx tonight. It's a lot different than anything I have used before. Lather on the soap is great. No complaints at all about performance. I'm not a pro at deciphering scent but all I really smell is citrus and menthol from both products. I don't pick up any of the bottom notes. I've never used anything citrus before this. It's a really clean scent. I will definately need to use it a few more times to get a better sense of it. So far I like it but definitely not in love with it. I like the longer term smell of the aftershave better than the initial scent. This one could grow on me though, again, first time using anything citrus.

Keithmax, RaZorBurn123 and Robyflexx like this.
  9. MetalHead88

MetalHead88 Well-Known Member

I really like the aftershave. It isn't very strong, but it lasts long. I find that I'm the only one that smells it.

The soap preforms very well and smells great. My only problem was that the soap burns my skin pretty badly. The last time I used it, there was no burning so we will see.

RaZorBurn123 and Robyflexx like this.
  10. Jbrew

Jbrew Well-Known Member

Yeah I found the soap was intense. It caught me off guard. It was like getting hit in the face with a sack of lemons. I also forgot there was menthol in it so it was sensory overload lol. The soap didn't smell strong at all from the puck but when you lather it on your face it's quite strong. Nice jolt in the morning to wake you up.

crackstar and Robyflexx like this.
  11. Jbrew

Jbrew Well-Known Member

I don't think I would want the soap any stronger. I find it quite strong on the face

crackstar and Shaver X like this.
  12. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

A lot of folks on the forums like very heavily scented soaps. I do not, and think the trend towards lighter scents is a good thing. I will have to try the new XXX soap. Does it come in a puck or jar only?

crackstar likes this.
  13. Ceferguson

Ceferguson Well-Known Member

The soap is great never used the aftershave, enjoy

crackstar likes this.
  14. MetalHead88

MetalHead88 Well-Known Member

Jar

crackstar likes this.
  15. richgem

Yes, it's an Italian-style soft soap, so it comes in a plastic tub only.

crackstar likes this.
  16. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

The Three X soap has menthol? I never knew that. I have the One X soap and aftershave and although menthol is listed as an ingredient with the soap I really can't detect any cooling from it. The matching aftershave is pleasantly-cooling but not freezing by any means. I absolutely LOVE the scent of both items! :)

17. richgem

I had the original XXX and currently use the second run version and I never noticed any menthol. But, yes, there's supposedly some in there.

18. Jbrew

Jbrew Well-Known Member

I've only seen it in the jar

19. Jbrew

Jbrew Well-Known Member

I like the scent but after 3 passes I find the soap leaves a burning sensation on my skin.

Robyflexx likes this.
  20. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Oh no - sorry to hear this. :( :(

Robyflexx likes this.