Recommendations for a woman?

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by Smooth Operator, Sep 26, 2017.

1. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

My wife has some Sunflower Fields soap. I love the scent of it. Stirling is top notch for sure.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Smooth Operator and Stu929 like this.
  2. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

I second the Stirling recommendation. I have 10+ Stirling soaps in rotation. As creams go, I like Kiss My Face Lavender, and I have to second the Mac Root Cream as well. Lisa's Natural Herbal Creations has a Somali Rose that I love. I also really like her Cedar & Saffron soap.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

3. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Does it make you feel like this Yehuda?[​IMG]

I have another vote for TOBS Grapefruit. Wonderful smell.

4. RyX

RyX DoH!

If you haven't tried it yet, I'd suggest picking up a bottle of Florida Water cologne. Several folks make shave soap in this scent, including our Joanna @Queen of Blades.
    Another that may work for you - Tabac. To some it smells like Grandma's purse. I think it's because of the Certs mixed fruit breath mint scent. Awesome lather, great post shave skin feel. It's a hard soap & last for many shaves.

5. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

My wife and I are both fans of Stirling soaps. Go to their site, and order some samples. BTW, their samples should each last a good several weeks, or a month. If you like some, order larger quantities.

Ijustmissedthe50s and Linuxguile like this.
  6. Smooth Operator

Smooth Operator Active Member

Haha! I'll give it a whirl! Avocado is quite beneficial for the skin and hair.

Nice! Thanks for the tips!

Cool! Thank you. I will definitely give both a try. I love shea butter products always.

Oh my! That sounds delicious!:drool:

I really like that you included what you like on her! That's cute. We always want to smell nice for our partners!

Terrific reply! I'm making a note of the Florida water. Grandma's purse?!? Haha! Awesome! I LOVED the smell of my Grandma's purse! I thought I was the only one!

Everyone keeps mentioning that! Gonna try it for sure. Thank you!

7. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Honestly, I don't know if there's a lot of difference between men's and women's scents. I love a nice rose scented soap, lavender, and even baby powder. Go with what looks good for you, I most definitely think a nice lime/lemon soap is nice, or even margaritas. It's literally endless. And that's a great thing. :)

8. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout The Smart Bunny

The Grand Poobah around here is female 'Queen of Blades' and she makes decent soaps and creams of many flavors that can be found in the TSD shop. Patchouli Rose perhaps? It is always nice to support your forum when you get a chance and you get a great product in return.

You can thank me later for this recommendation--https://www.amazon.com/Acqua-Distillata-Water-Manetti-Roberts/dp/B007NTFGAA

Enjoy!

Smooth Operator likes this.
  9. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I really like Florida Water! I use it straight :happy069:and also mix it 50/50 with AV and make Steel Blue. :cool:

I've also mixed it with Osage Rub to make Florida Frost. :happy069::Animatedfrozensmily:

RyX and Smooth Operator like this.
  10. Smooth Operator

Thanks, man!

Kilgore Trout likes this.
  11. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout The Smart Bunny

No worries.

12. Smooth Operator

Oooh!!! Thanks for the ideas. Sounds yum!

Yehuda D likes this.
  13. bhbell

bhbell New Member

Hugo Naturals soaps work well for shaving for me. Also, in the shower. Variety of scents, microwave down well for shave stick or tub and pretty easily found. Sold in a number places here even a couple of grocery stores.

14. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

I have tried hundreds of soaps...Heck...I own over a hundred soaps! My wife is also a wet shaver. I can confidently recommend Stirling soaps and Caties bubbles. They are a couple of the best soaps made, and they have plenty of fruity, sweet, and floral scents. They also make matching soaps and aftershaves.

Caties bubbles Saturday morning is a fruit loops scented soap that is INCREDIBLE!

Stirling has too many to name, but witchy woman, pumpkin spice, pluneria, and sunflower fields all come to mind.

TOBS and Truefitt and Hill are very nice for creams, and both have quite a few options.

BONUS: Barrister and Mann is one if the most sought after soaps in the wet shaving world. They are largely known for their exotic/unique scents. They would be worth browsing.

You have had a lot of responses on here, and buying soaps can be a rabbit hole. If you want to get the best bang for your buck, join a pass around, buy samples to try, or place a "want ad" for some items that some of our local soap hoarders might let go of cheaply.

mrchick likes this.
  15. Castle Forbes Lavender cream. I use the AS balm. Scent feels more luxurious than Tobs Lavender. Exorbitant price though.

16. shaveslave

shaveslave Member

17. Vlasta

Vlasta Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    The most moisturising cream I have is Taylor's Avocado. Super cream.

18. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

There are so many out there. Stirling has already been mentioned as they are an excellent company. Their Black Cherry is really great - also you may like their Vanilla Sandalwood. It has a very strong vanilla recent - great this time of year. Also Barrister & Man has several scents such as their Latha Lavanda. The other one that is very popular with both men and women is Cella. Its an Italian soap with a strong almond scent. Great lather as well. You will find - as many of us have - one or two soaps are not enough. I'm up to about 40 now - it becomes an addiction.

19. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Guess she found what she wanted.
    She hasn't been around for a while.

20. Stu929

Stu929 Well-Known Member

I believe she was chased off by a few less than welcoming comments.