Recommendations on a Timeless Razor blade gap.

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Spud, Apr 19, 2017 at 5:39 PM.

1. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

Hello everyone.
    I have cut down a lot on my purchases but I have been putting some cash aside to purchase a Timeless razor. I just like the look of the grooved cap and I am always up for another razor. I have to save up; these things are expensive.
    I was hoping someone could give me a comparison on the blade gaps: 0.95 vs 0.68 mm.
    Generally I don't like too aggressive. Any thoughts? Thanks.

2. Nate.H01

Nate.H01 Member

Been having exactly the same thought myself. I'm not a big fan of aggressive razors either as I tend to shave most days so I really don't need it. I've been thinking about the 0.68 as the ATT H1 has a blade gap of 0.91 so having a 0.95 blade would be overkill. I realise that they're different razors with different geometry but the blades are the same size. Not very scientific I know, my apologies but that could just be me.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Spud likes this.
  3. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

I think it is a great looking razor, but I haven't used one, so take it for what it is worth. In the past, I used to think that I had to have an aggressive razor to get a good shave. Turns out my technique just sucked. It took a some time, but now I am able to pull stellar 2 pass shaves from a mild razor with no irritation. I think you would be able to learn and use either version with great results, but in the long run the mild version would serve you better. Once again, just my thought as I have no hands on with these specific razors. Good luck.

Spud likes this.