Recommendations on a Timeless Razor blade gap.

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Spud, Apr 19, 2017.

1. Shave Monkey

Shave Monkey Well-Known Member

Spud likes this.
  2. Puma

Puma Well-Known Member

I use the ATT R2 and it is plenty aggressive. It is not just the gap that sets a razor's level of aggressiveness.

Spud and clint64 like this.
  3. Puma

Puma Well-Known Member

That handle is sweet.

Spud likes this.
  4. Rhody

Rhody Well-Known Member

Is there any shave difference between the scalloped or smooth bar? Thx

5. rawfox1

rawfox1 Well-Known Member

I feel the scalloped glides on the face a little better the standard bar but they are both excellent shavers. One of my favorites.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Spud likes this.
  6. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

IMG_6485.JPG
    I have the scalloped 0.68 mm and the straight bar 0.95 mm so I cannot make a fair comparison, but both shave excellent. I will say as far as aesthetics, the scalloped cap looks great with the straight bar.

Puma likes this.
  7. Rhody

Rhody Well-Known Member

Thanks. I like the scalloped top and straight bar look too. I've move from rationalizations and justifications to debating the options.

Like that pineapple handle. Anyone feel its too long?

Spud likes this.
  8. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

Mine that you see in the photos is the dimpled which is the shorter 85 mm option. The pineapple is the longer 100 mm option. The only downside to Timeless, in my opinion, is the lack of handle options in the shorter version. I'd love to have the barber pole handle in 85 mm. For me, the shorter handle is perfect. It's a lot of cash to put down for a razor but it does shave great and it's just beautiful.

Rhody likes this.
  9. Rhody

Rhody Well-Known Member

I'm considering the options. The handles might he on the long side but just 15 mm difference so I'm not sure. I have the weekend to stew. No sense pulling the trigger when it won't ship over the weekend.

I'm thinking scalloped top and straight bar...

Spud likes this.