Recycling Old Blade Dispensers

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Mouser, Oct 29, 2014.

1. Mouser

Mouser Well-Known Member

One of the things I like about vintage blades is the fact that they came in easy to use dispensers. I've found that after I empty one it's usually no problem to take it apart, load it with new blades and then put it back together again. No unwrapping and handling blades more than a simple push with my thumb and a blade is loaded. I'll post pictures of how it works with various models later but I was wondering if I'm the only fruitloop to do this.

2. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    You are no fruitloop. I have done this with Schick injectors too. Recycle on...

PatrickA51 and Boojum1 like this.
  3. HUF

HUF Active Member

I have done it to Schick from 60s, now am thinking of a Gillette dispenser from 40-50s.

4. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

I've never reused one of those dispensers, but not because I think it's a bad idea, rather because since I began using a 3 piece safety razor I see no need. Those dispensers were IMO more for easy loading of TTO type razors. I really don't see an advantage to them for loading a 3 piece. I definitely would like to see your pics however..:)
    Question:
    Have you ever used A Russian made blade, the ones with the wax spots on the blade in a dispenser?

5. TitanTTB

TitanTTB Well-Known Member

I have one of those old two-piece brass Gillette blade banks that I put DE blades for traveling. I also have this Push-Pak dispenser for my SE blades.

Slow Joe and Jayaruh like this.
  6. Slow Joe

Slow Joe Relishing his obsession

I do have one of these dispensers and I am glad to hear they can be refilled as they look like a fun shaving item. Just haven't used mine yet.

7. Mouser

Mouser Well-Known Member

I see an advantage no matter what razor I use. You handle the blade less in either case.

8. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

I have to agree with both of your statements. But I like using the blade dispensers, because I do not have to handle the razor blades, I have been having problems with both of my hands due to a problem with my hands going numb and I find that I seem to get more nicks a weeper's on my fingers when I have to unwrap the razor blades, but also using my 3pc Weber it's a lot easier to unwrap the blade and load it in the razor.

9. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Where can you purchase new blades for empty Schick injector dispensers?