Refrigerated Aftershaves.

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by Legend In My Spare Time, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Legend In My Spare Time

Legend In My Spare Time Well-Known Member

We had a nearly 90 degree/muggy day, here in Western Massachusetts yesterday. So, I figured it was time to change up the aftershave rotation to coincide with the warmer weather that is fast approaching. That means chilled and refrigerated aftershaves - yay! :Animatedfrozensmily:

I've been doing this since the first year I started wet shaving. We have a small, college dorm fridge in the corner of our dining room that we stick medicines and other odds-and-ends in that need to be cool. As of now, I've been placing my generic drug store Witch Hazel, Lucky Tiger, and Osage Rub in there - and it is amazing! The extra chill really helps to soothe any irritation or burn that may have occurred and constricts my pores in a great way. Also, it is a wonderful way to cool down on those hot nights. Some chilled Osage Rub on the back of the neck feels fantastically cold and refreshing.

Luckily, my bathroom is right down the hall from our kitchen, so it's not like trekking across the house, mid-shave, for my supplies. I know this isn't feasible for a lot of people. But, if you happen to have an extra fridge or if your SO allows you to put your shave stuff in the main fridge, I say go for it!

Anyone else do this or had the chance to try some chilled aftershaves?

2. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

I do the same thing in the summer.

3. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

I usually keep some witch hazel in the fridge during the warmer months. It does help for me as I get irritation because of the higher temps at times. And it does feel better with it being cold.

Kizurra, ninjack, crackstar and 2 others like this.
  4. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

I'd like to but the kitchen and the bathroom are on opposite ends of the house. It would be a long trek. I'm sure it feels good with the extra chill!

5. Zykris

Zykris Well-Known Member

I might have to give this a try and see if I have any difference.

6. brit

brit in a box

definitely a must try for me this summer.some creams too.

7. Shave Fu

Shave Fu Shavette Sensei

What a clever idea! I 've never tried this and we get some really hot summers!

8. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Hmm.... I love menthol aftershaves, but never tried them refrigerated. I'm going to try it out for that extra cold start on those hot summer days.

9. drwevil

drwevil Well-Known Member

Sounds interesting I might try it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

I took a tip from Lloyd / @Bird Lives

I keep my Pe Re Ja Turkish Lemon Cologne in the refrigerator. Very refreshing indeed. In keeping with Turkish tradition, I also offer a splash to guests, straight from the fridge.

11. David W650

David W650 Active Member

I've been thinking of putting a bottle of 4711 in the refrigerator. It has a fresh smelling and relaxing feel when I put it on in the hotter months.
    Chilling it may make it even better.

12. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I never thought of doing that with an aftershave.

13. crackstar

And you have to tell them Hos geldiniz! (that's Turkish for Welcome!)

14. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

Why do I think the Monarch of Menthol is suddenly trying to figure out how to fit a refrigerator into his bathroom?

Kizurra, RyX, Bird Lives and 3 others like this.
  15. crackstar

No place for it! Lollll

16. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I'm pretty sure my lovely wife who has supported my shaving habit would throw me and the aftershaves out the window.

17. crackstar

Nooooooooooooo!!!

18. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

No. I'm more worried that my grandkids would think it's a drink. :)

19. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Ah! 4711; very righteous! I have a half bottle left... Into the fridge it goes!

20. crackstar

Oh ok!