Replacement for Tom's of Maine Natural Shaving Cream?

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by chasro, Dec 29, 2009.

1. Bobtrumpet

Bobtrumpet New Member

Speick SC (and the rest of their products) have a pretty good reputation re: natural ingredients.

2. Teiste

Teiste New Member

In this list the Art of Shaving lavander shaving cream is listed as 3 in ranking number 30 and 4 in ranking number 46....Brilliant list....

3. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

The one ranked at 30 is the regular Lavender shave cream, the one ranked at 46 says it is Lavender for sensitive skin. I read that as two different creams, hence the different ratings.

4. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Actually, the list is a little odd. At AOS's website, their Lavender is listed as for sensitive skin. No Lavender, and Lavender for Sensitive Skin.

I actually took #46 as saying the Lemon for All Skin Types shaving cream has a rating of 4. Just like #47 says it does, except in travel size. :rolleyes:

5. chasro

chasro Member

I got some samples of Art of Shaving because it ranked fairly well and is fairly widely available. Though it takes a bit more time to build up a lather (e.g. 20 seconds longer), I've very happy with it.

It's a good compromise between trying to find something totally non-toxic and organic AND is a good cream that is easy to find.

6. Smoothy

Smoothy Well-Known Member

+1 on TBS Maca Root. Got one from my wife for Christmas and it has become my new go-to shave cream, replacing my TOBS Lemon & Lime. Great lather!

7. Wishoot

Wishoot Member

This looks like a very interesting option. I would love to hear from anyone that's used it extensively.

As far as a TOM replacement, Kiss My Face is excellent.