Resizing Phone Pics

Discussion in 'The Help Desk' started by swarden43, Mar 29, 2016.

1. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

How? I have a Galaxy Samsung 6 and when I've tried to attach a photo to a TSD post, it says file too large. Can I resize phone pics?

whiteboy_cannon likes this.
  2. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

The email app I now use asks me to resize just so they're not in the meg range when sending, and since then none of mine have been rejected as too big (before that, yes, often). Not sure if a setting on yours will do that for you?

3. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

The easiest way I've found, I've got the S7, is to email(share) the pic to myself. The attatchment can be resized (i have been using large 70%). Once opened, i save the pic,then delete the email.
    Turns out to be four or five extra buttons to push.

K-zone and Robyflexx like this.
  4. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    My phone is not smart enough to take pictures.

Herm2502 likes this.
  5. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

I general use a phone app to crop out the excess and get the pic the way I want it. That usually reduces the size. If that doesn't work I copy it to my PC and then use Snipping Tool to copy the pic. ST generally saves as a smaller file.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  6. gwsmallwood

gwsmallwood Well-Known Member

Download Pixlr. Open the image in there and then save it. It will ask you what size you want to save it as.

Bussemand likes this.
  7. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

I have the same problem with my iPhone . What I do is, I screen shot the pic and then crop out the additional area and then post.

8. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

I use SimpleResize on my iPhone. I don't remember if it cost me anything but it's super quick and easy.

9. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I downloaded an app, I'm using PS Express right now it was free. When you resize a picture I found 10:8 fits best for TSD.

Robyflexx likes this.
  10. swarden43

20160329_123835.jpg it worked!

11. swarden43

Pixlr seemed to work. Thanks, Garrett. And thanks all!

ARGH likes this.
  12. ARGH

ARGH Well-Known Member

I have been e-mailing them to me. I am going to have to give this app a try

13. gwsmallwood

gwsmallwood Well-Known Member

It's got other cool stuff too if you like to do SOTD photos. Blurring, Color and Tint Filters, overlays, frames, text, etc.

swarden43 likes this.
  14. K-zone

K-zone Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing. I had been trying to reduce photo's (without downloading an app) for a little while now, and your idea worked like a charm.