Review: Foad's Moustache Wax

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Neolithium, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

Moustache Wax Review

Foad’s Moustache Wax

Price:
    A tad more expensive that some other brands that come from the UK , it’s still easily affordable particularly when you order larger amounts. £4.99 for a 15ml tin, £14.79 for 3/15ml tins and £23.79 for 5/15ml tins. United States or International shipping is an additional £3.00 and the timeframe was 6 business days from London, England to my door in Edmonton, Alberta.

Packaging:
    15ml screw top metal tin, hand written thank you note on the invoice, as well as a sample of his “Satin Wax” which is the Vegan alternative and may be reviewed at a later date.

Ingredients:
    Pure English Beeswax, Petroleum Jelly, Gum Arabic, Zinc Oxide, Essential Oils

Scent:
    This was a beauty to be honest. It is slightly medicinal in the way that instantly reminded me (not exactly mind you) of Speick’s scent. It was very welcomed, even though it didn’t last more than 2 hours.

Consistency:
    Quite firm but easy to scrape on the fingertip after a slight 5 minute warming in the pocket.

Applying & Look:
    Application was easy after a slight warming with body heat, and it rolled around the fingers easily to apply to the moustache. Spreading it evenly over my moustache it quickly blended in without any color change or noticeable adding of a shine to the hairs. Once again there were no clumps with this wax whatsoever, which is saving me from the need to abscond with my wife’s hairdryer.

Durability:
    Wax held up very well against natural sweat and ambient humidity from my morning 10km run. I did have to do a quick reapplication of a lesser amount after my post-shower, however during the run and even after a few beers on the patio with neighbours, I never needed to reshape at all.

Water Solubility:
    Sweat didn’t cause any issues, it had no loss in holding power for my still-yet-to-be-trained moustache but I did need to do the reapplication after the shower. On the plus side in this aspect it was rather easy to get out with a bit of soap and almost no effort – a plus in my wife’s eyes lol.

Final Verdict:
    4/5 Handlebars. Another excellent wax from a connoisseur who knows his business well.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

:happy088:
    Have you realized yet just how long all this new wax is going to last you? :D
    By the way, how's your wife feel about the new look?
    I was pleasantly surprized when I trimmed my bars back last year and my wife said she was disappointed. I hadn't realized that she really like the 'stache!

3. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

Actually the wax keeps my moustache so neat and tidy my wife loves it now. And yeah, I'll have enough wax for QUITE some time to come, though I don't mind one bit, gives me a variety and a rotation I can use as well!

swarden43 likes this.