Review of Maggard Leather & Tobacco

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Zykris, Jun 15, 2017.

1. Zykris

Zykris Well-Known Member

Not only couldn't I wait to do a head shave, I couldn't resist the PIF Soap from @SHAVEWIZARD420 and went with a face shave as well.

Razor: RazoRock German 37 Slant
    Blade: Wilkinson Sword
    Brush: WD 24mm Boar
    Aftershave: Sterling Glacial Unscented

This stuff had a nice scent to it. Almost bordered on too strong for me but it was still very much usable.

Ease of Lather: 10/10 A lot goes a long way with this soap. I had loads and loads of nice lather in no time.
    Slickness: 9/10
    Cushion: 10/10 Dang good!

Overall, holy crud! I was really impressed with this Maggard product. Definitely would recommend this soap based on it's performance!

2. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

I agree, it is one of their Platinum soaps. Great performance, but so are the originals. Enjoy!!

SHAVEWIZARD420 and Zykris like this.
  3. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Thanks for the review, and I look forward to more.

4. theFAT98

theFAT98 Well-Known Member

I enjoyed the 2 maggard soaps i had but they both gave me a bit of a tingling sensation. I gave them both to an 18 year old kid that was looking to start wet shaving.

So they didnt go to waste.

5. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the review! The woman that makes the Maggard soaps also have their own line called Through The Fire Fine Craft and offer several different soap formulas which is cool. It is a bit on the soft side similar to L&L but both make a great lather.

Zykris likes this.
  6. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Great to see the young doing what their granpappys did(and I suppose their dads too)

theFAT98 and Zykris like this.