Rocket advice

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by harry, Jan 17, 2009.

1. harry

harry New Member

Hi im looking for a nice british rocket 40s type what should i be paying ? i understand that these a quite rare and people like to hold onto them but id like one and dont want to pay over the top .

2. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

People define nice in different ways. A Rocket in shaveable condition with some brassing can go for around $15-25. Excellent condition without any age related wear could go for up to $55-$60. A case and instructions could push it over $100 easily.

These are prices I'd be willing to pay if I needed the razor, actual market prices would be higher, about 25% ^

The razors themselves aren't that uncommon in places like the UK, Australia and Canada they are just rare here in the USA because our version was the Super Speed.

3. harry

harry New Member

Thank you for your reply Chris, How does the shave compare to the US super speed as i allready own a late 40s ss ?

4. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

The shaves are very similiar to the Super Speed. The Rocket may be slightly more aggressive depending on who you ask. The build quality and finish is definitely better on the Rockets. The Rockets will weigh more and have smoother action as well.

5. harry

harry New Member

Thanks again ;) i want even more now