Rockwell Owners Adjustable Razors Club (ROARC)

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by tuxxdk, Jun 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sky pilot 83

sky pilot 83 Active Member

It would have to be michigan. To my knowledge they aren't doing anything in illinois. But if it's from Michigan then it's probably the same manufacturer of the 6S which is in michigan. Then again they have a storage and shipping facility in michigan so they could've came there from China for american distribution

Sent from my Z963VL using Tapatalk

2. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    It says MELROSE PARK , IL. I think it is part of Chicago. Maybe that is it.

3. sky pilot 83

Interesting. Guess i was wrong. And yeah, that's a suburb of chicago.

4. jwr3265

jwr3265 Well-Known Member

I ordered one and have not received it or been notified. Did you order all 3 plates?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Fly2High

Fly2High Breaking Frugal

Hey guys!

got in my Rockwell 6C 2 days ago and had my first shave with it today. They included 100 Rockwell blades with the order and a bank.

I was expecting a very mild shave due to the gap being narrower than my Merkur 34C. I chose to start in the middle with plate 3 and try one of their blades. Did 4.5 passes (WTG, XTG, XTG, ATG, touch up) for a very nice BBS. Blades were smooth to me but slightly less sharp than Astra SP. Yesterday's shave had some longer missed hairs which created some difficulty and why I needed the extra XTG pass. Alum did sting but not too badly. I felt that the safety bar felt rounded and was slightly more difficult to feel the bar than my 34C. This did not pose any issue shaving and finding the sweet spot. The blade/razor combo was very quiet as well and was easy to feel when the blade was working well.

Do like this razor. Good job Rockwell.

SHAVEWIZARD420 and Linuxguile like this.
  6. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
  7. McHale

McHale Well-Known Member

Rockwell owner here and I have to say it's great to see a forum where the mods doesn't seemingly have a ton of animosity for Rockwell Razors. If you start a thread about Rockwell Razors in that other shaving forum the mods either delete it or move it out of the DE subforum into an unrelated one. It's pitiful. Someone posted they were enjoying their shave with their 6C and posted a picture. The mod immediately deleted the picture, references to the picture, and all description about it or the razor. We all then got a stern warning about kickstarter and indigogo projects, DESPITE THE FACT that they are well outside of the funding stage and are shipping and well received.

Anyway I have:

1 Original (no grinding) v1
    1 v1.5
    2 v2s
    1 SS Model T on the way.

-Mc

SHAVEWIZARD420 and Str8on2 like this.
  8. nvpliers

nvpliers Member

I have and enjoy the V2s. Actually I just wanted to post this because of your avatar. :)

9. McHale

McHale Well-Known Member

I'm good with that. :)

10. ninjack

ninjack Well-Known Member

I'm waiting to see if they release the Model T in stainless steel. I really want a TTO style adjustable razor in all stainless steel. May have to get the 6c in gunmetal though. Very nice!

11. dkeester

dkeester Well-Known Member

I am a Kickstarter backer, so you may have a bit of a wait until they ship yours.

I got the 6C not the 2C.

12. dkeester

Shaved with the 6C again today using the R2 plate and a Rockwell blade. Oh, was that a good shave!

13. McHale

McHale Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure it will happen. If I had to guess, it'll be like a $50 add-on or something like that. No idea on the price, just a guess based on their other prices. But I agree, I really want a stainless TTO adjustable too. If it's anywhere near as smooth as the 6s and 6c, I'm betting it will be a VERY popular seller.

ninjack likes this.
  14. sky pilot 83

They are offering an all steel model t. It's gonna cost though since it's an upgrade from a brass rod and zamak head of the standard model t.

Last edited: May 11, 2017
  15. dkeester

I would expect the price of a stainless Model T to be somewhere around the price of the 6S, and maybe a bit more.

16. AverageJoe

AverageJoe Member

Gareth currently is working on getting the details on the stainless version figured out but he does not currently know anything in regards to final pricing. He started a sub reddit for people to talk about the SS Model T if they are not backers etc. https://www.reddit.com/r/rockwellrazors/

I know I am not really active here as I don't visit forums much any more but I wanted to advise people of a small glitch with some of the 6C black chrome razors.
    To anybody that is getting a Rockwell 6C. A small number of people have mistakenly received normal Chrome versions instead of the black chrome they ordered.

Gareth Everard is aware of the issue and has posted the following: "It appears one of the packing helpers confused White Chrome and Gunmetal and I unfortunately didn't catch it. If you think you're one of the affected backers, please send an email to info@rockwellrazors.com so we can make it right!"

So if you see anybody that received a black chrome version that is normal chrome please let them know to contact Gareth who will make things right.

sky pilot 83 likes this.
  17. McHale

McHale Well-Known Member

Gareth does an amazing job at customer service. Someone on another shaving forum posted the pics of his gunmetal 6c and it looked amazing. Of course, one of the mods immediately deleted the pics and all references to it because... well... Rockwell Razors.

18. Str8on2

Str8on2 Well-Known Member

It's a shame really. That's why this place here is so refreshing. Just talking about razors, good or bad. Makes no difference. People voice their opinions and thoughts and for the most part, everyone here is pretty civil. At least in my experience. We're here to talk shave gear and anything related, free speech, period. Other forums just prohibit because there is an underlying agenda. $$$ is the real kicker. These Super, Emeritus and godlike thinking Moderators just snuff things out so that what they want to push or allow is strictly controlled by them. Sad, really sad. But I have not seen nor experienced any of that here. Sorry for turning this thread into a mini rant like theme.

Rockwell is just trying to earn business, and Gareth is just doing his best to keep things on the up and up. I commend him for owning up to the good and the bad. They've had a couple of stumbles and hiccups, but so far they've been a standup company in producing quality products & affordable ones to the shaving masses. And I respect that... I'm waiting on the all S/S TTO adjustable version myself. I own the 6s and it's a solid razor. I would expect his S/S TTO adjustable version to be no less as good if not better. Price? I'm willing to pay the premium if I have too.

ninjack likes this.
  19. McHale

McHale Well-Known Member

Same here and it's good to actually hear that. What a refreshing change. I'm new here and it's nice to hear that I can talk about shaving stuff without stern warnings from a mod... just for talking about shaving things. When I spoke to the mod about the issue and obvious slights to Rockwell, my takeaways were 1. They can pay money and get a sub of their own. 2. ??? I never got a response from my follow up message and he didn't address any of my main points where I pointed out the inconsistencies of their moderating.

Here is the rarity about customer loyalty towards Rockwell that I don't think I've seen before or after. When Gareth resolved the 6s issue there were a few people who may have been pissed off about how long things took to deliver a final product or whatever but the majority of backers fully understood and were very supportive. We all know that Rockwell Razors either made no money or lost money on that first kickstarter and I saw a LOT of people ask how they could donate money to Rockwell to offset their losses. I felt compelled to order accessories I wouldn't have ordered otherwise *AND* donated money and I was proud to do it. I've never donated money to a company for delivering what I ordered. I honestly feel a connection with Rockwell that I don't think I've ever had with another company. I'll be buying a SS Model T. I'll also probably buy their next high end razor as well, whatever it is because I support in this company and feel they deserve my support. And you better believe when I see a shaving forum constantly delete positive posts and threads about them for no sane, valid reason that I'm going to stick up for them.

Back to razors. Here's the funny thing about the Model T. I can't imagine it shaving as well as the 6s. The 6s is SO much better than all of my other razors I don't think ANY future razor will shave that smoothly... ever. I hope I'm wrong and if I am, I will fully believe they have an Einstein-level engineer working on their razor designs.

20. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    Mine arrived today. It had a 100 pack of Rockwell blades and a blade bank. I am looking forward to using it next week, M-F.
    IMG_3792.JPG

IMG_3800.JPG

IMG_3801.JPG

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.