Rockwell Razors Barbershop shaving soap

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Yehuda D, Jan 25, 2018.

1. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

No no, I didn't buy it - this was a gift from my daddy-in-law! ;)

Ease of lathering: 10/10--In no time you get rich, slick, beautiful lather!

Longevity of lather: 10/10--Holds up and stays stable throughout your shave.

General skincare: 8.5/10--Pretty good that way also. Comfortable post-shave feeling.

Scent: 9/10--Ah, it's brilliant. So old-school and barbershoppy as well as manly.

Price: 7/10--Not cheap. I know my father-in-law paid around 20 bucks.

Would I buy again: 9.5/10--Most likely I would because it's an excellent soap.

I had vaguely heard of Rockwell Razors but I never knew they produced any shaving soaps. They're a Canadian company based in Toronto, Ontario but to be perfectly honest I don't know if this soap is artisan-made or commercial. The only thing I know is that it smells so much like a 1970's barbershop, it lathers great, and I really enjoy it very much. My father-in-law also bought one for himself as well as one for my brother-in-law, and he says he hasn't used anything else since. The only minor issue that the container is a bit on the narrow side but I can easily forgive that. Believe me, this is a fantastic Canadian-made soap! :)

RR-SOAP-B_4_1200x.jpg

2. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Wonderful review Jeff!!

Screwtape and Yehuda D like this.
  3. Rhody

Rhody Well-Known Member

Great review. Didn't know they were making soaps. Rockwell 6s and c here. Maybe I'll check out their soaps.

Tdmsu, Screwtape and Yehuda D like this.
  4. Screwtape

Screwtape A Shaving Butterfly

They have both the soap and a cream in "Barbershop" scent. I have both and agree with Jeff’s opinion about the soap. The cream is similarly good. They also have a matching scented aftershave balm but I have never tried it. One guy on the 30DC thread has it and thinks it's great.

They also have a synthetic shaving brush and a few other goodies. I believe their business plan is that guys who come into wetshaving for the first time by buying their razor can get not only blades but everything else they need from Rockwell now as a one-stop shop -- and might then remain with them as longtime customers for the consumables. I don’t know if it will work out that way for them but full points for trying -- and doing so by providing quality products.

Supply/Supply Provision down in the US has taken the same approach -- started with an injector razor and now offers their own branded blades, brush, bowl, dopp kit, and shaving cream, balm and shower bodywash (in three scents). So guys who get into wetshaving with their injector razors can one-stop shop with them. Also all quality stuff.

cliffb599, Yehuda D and Tdmsu like this.
  5. Yehuda D

It was such a nice gift from my father-in-law. I know the store which stocks it. The next time I'm there I'll look for the aftershave balm.

6. william beer

william beer Well-Known Member

Very nice review.

Yehuda D likes this.
  7. Yehuda D

It's such an awesome soap. I want to buy another one and send it to a friend of mine in South Africa so I'm going to the store which I hope still carries it.

cliffb599 likes this.