[Rumor] i Coloniali Shaving soap refill pucks to be discontinued

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Darkbulb, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

I know that at least @Slow Joe and I are real big fans of the i Coloniali smoky mango shaving soap (it is quite honestly an outstanding soap both in performance as well as scent!).

Read today that Phil on Bullgoose posted that iColoniali refill puck will be discontinued.
    Now, I haven't heard/read anything about this anywhere official and quite honestly not sure I always trust Phil too much but, in case this is true it might be worthwhile mentioning to those that want to do their own due diligence.

Best price I know of is on Connaught still where the terra cotta bowl + soap is about $19 (compared to $39 on Amazon) and the refill pucks about $13. Go strong USD!

Update: Refill pucks on Connaught just sold out. They still have the bowl+soap though

Last edited: Jan 11, 2016
    NapalmCola, RaZorBurn123 and Slow Joe like this.
  2. Slow Joe

Slow Joe Relishing his obsession

No! Why would they do this!!! Say it aint so.
    Actually, my refill puck isn't as good as the puck that came in the bowl. The refill puck was completely white when I got it and after a lot of use its only now beginning to perform like my first puck. The performance is so different i am contemplating buying the soap in the bowl next time instead of just purchasing another refill.
    Maybe the terracotta pot makes a difference.
    Well so long as they're still selling the soap its not too bad. Except what am I supposed to do with all the empty pots I'm going to have?
    [​IMG]

This is the not so good refill puck.

Marverel and Darkbulb like this.
  3. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

For $6 more (for the soap in a terra cotta bowl) it might be worth it if the soap is kept...more fresh in it maybe.
    The bowls could be used for other soaps of course - I like lathering in it actually :)
    Or...you could plant small herbs in them and keep them in the kitchen window :D

I'm with you thought - as long as they sell the soap in some shape I'm happy. That is one awesome shaving soap.

Slow Joe likes this.
  4. TitanTTB

TitanTTB Well-Known Member

Funny, the way this soap looks I always thought it was a croap; it's almost as if they mold the pucks using a soft serve ice cream machine. This soap has been on my radar for some time but I always opted for something else. It gets a lot of great reviews on performance but the scent seems kind of hit or miss. If its really discontinued I may break down and pick up a puck but I'll play it cool for a bit to see if the rumor pans out or if Phil's just creating buzz to move some product.

Slow Joe and Darkbulb like this.
  5. Marverel

Marverel Well-Known Member

My experience was exactly the opposite. The refill puck I bought some weeks ago is of a better quality than the original one in the terracotta bowl, which had dried quite a bit.
    Don't know anything about the discontinuation, but I might learn more about it today (sent an inquiry to a distributor).

Darkbulb likes this.
  6. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Well if there's any truth to it the 'discontinuation' is only for the refill pucks...which, seems a bit odd to me.

7. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

Hmm, this kinda sucks. It goes against my thought of not needing to own all soaps at once and that I can buy any soap I want eventually =P

This soap is one of those I want but didn't get because I have so many soaps already. Oh well.. There are other fish in the sea

tuxxdk likes this.
  8. Marverel

Marverel Well-Known Member

Okay, so this morning I sent an email to one of the bigger I Coloniali Vendors in Austria and they answered quickly: To their knowledge (and also according to their supplier) there haven't been any changes announced, so the refill will most likely be available in the foreseeable future.

The US website of I Coloniali still lists the refill. Maybe one of you can inquire there.
    http://www.icoloniali-us.com/product/shaving-cream-mango-refill/

Happened before, you know. Somebody claims to know about some product shortage and suddenly it sells like crazy.

Slow Joe and Darkbulb like this.
  9. NapalmCola

NapalmCola Well-Known Member

Never tried the soaps , unfortunately it sounds like I won't be able to try the refills.
    On a lighter note, at first glance I thought it was a lifesaver and was trying to figure out the connection between it and wet shaving.
    [​IMG]

10. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

Man do I hope this is not true. I Colonali has become one of my favorite soaps. Unique scent, and the lather is incredible. This will be sad if it is true, will have to wait and see.

Omelmad and Slow Joe like this.
  11. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

Shoot..... always wanted to own one. Time to rethink NB16

Omelmad and Slow Joe like this.
  12. Omelmad

Hahahaha same here

tuxxdk likes this.
  13. tuxxdk

On the other hand. I do have a disclaimer on discontinued items :D

14. Omelmad

Hahaha smart man!

tuxxdk likes this.
  15. hrairy

hrairy Well-Known Member

How about a link to Connaught? I can't seem to find it.
    Never mind I found it.

16. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Seems like the refill pucks are back in stock at Connaught. I wouldn't be overly surprised if Phil just made it all up.

Slow Joe likes this.
  17. Slow Joe

Slow Joe Relishing his obsession

That would be very good news.

18. tuxxdk

Or sad news, depending on viewpoint. Now I can't stock up on it in 2016 :(

Haha :bounce015:

19. Grick

Grick Active Member

I still got a puck in the terracota bowl. Used it twice. How much would it sell for?

20. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

Here is a new one, starting bid $50, ended without a single bid. Twice. Probably not quite the investment you were hoping for.