Russian razor blades: Voskhod/ Rapira..are they solid?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by tazorac, Jun 18, 2017.

1. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

I really like Astra SP, most Gillette blades made there, Ladas, but don't care for Voskhod at all; in fact it is one of the worst blades I have tried...for me. So my answer would be Russian blades are mostly very good; you will just need to find the ones that work for you.

Douglas Carey likes this.
  2. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

Voskhod blades are my go to in the SA-109. Also in my Super Speed Black Tip. Gillette Silver Blue in my NEW SC.

3. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

I like both.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

4. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

In general, Russian blades are very good, and have large followings. All my faves are from Russia. Astra SP is probably the bang for buck champion of DE world.

Douglas Carey and BamaT like this.
  5. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Plasma blades. Get them while they are hot!

6. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

To answer your question, yes. My order of preference for these: Rapira Platinum Lux, Rapira Swedish Supersteel, Voskhod. I can get 4 very good shaves from each.

Douglas Carey and Linuxguile like this.
  7. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

I've been know to tape a few blades to an index card and mail them to people who want to give them a go. Usually for only the cost of a PM.

8. RetLEO-07

I shave Sun.-Fri.(work). Never had an issue with any blade not lasting the week. 2.5 pass shaves except Sunday which is a three pass.

9. Engblom

Engblom Well-Known Member

Russian blades are in the top. Most will find a favorite among them. I often recommend the huge Russian blade sample packs at ebay, those giving a full tuck of each brand.

Personally I prefer Rapira over Voskhod as Voskhod is not sharp enough for me. But for many Voskhod is sharp enough and a really smooth blade.

10. RetLEO-07

Count me in the Voskhod column

Douglas Carey and Linuxguile like this.
  11. preidy

preidy Just call me Dino

Voshkod my go to blade for my NEW SC. The Plat Lux and Super Stainless also much used with success.