Bloomers without Borders (Bw/oB)

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by RyX, May 12, 2018.

1. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Never been a Vette fan. They do sound great though.

BULLY!!

Smart guy. They run for f-wording ever. Most folks these days do not know what a Work vehicle is. Mine is a 1998 nissan pathfinder. I call it Dents for a reason.

Frijolero, Edison Carter and RyX like this.
  2. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

Like I said, most folks don't even know why you had to double clutch.

Keithmax and Frijolero like this.
  3. Edison Carter

So... Since Ricki Lake didn't make the show, back to soap blooming.

Much as I'd love to have some of my old motocrossers we now call vintage, I'd hate to have to run a modern track on one let alone compete with modern technology. That said, there should be no problem with the nostalgia of vintage stuff.

Having gone through enough in life to enjoy things that are luxury to me, I chose not go with the crowd even if the need arises to attempt to belittle or berate me to do so.

In honor of all those who feel similar, I decided to commit some unspeakables. I totally enjoyed this fully Stirling Bergamot Lavender day, my way. All the S's, Shampoo, Shower Soap, Shower, Soup bowl, Souse, Shave Soap, Sloshy Sudsy Sustaining, Splash-on.....

First you can plop a big ole hunk of your favorite flavor in a big ole bowl. Soup bowls are acceptable.
    20180519_144951.jpg
    Then it is perfectly acceptable to souse it your way. I mushed mine down and soused generously. The drizzled on h2o was found mostly absorbed while I was in the shower.
    20180519_153812.jpg
    Then you can take an old friend, or a brand new brush that you've bloomed in some dihydrogen monoxide while you were in the shower and have at it.
    20180519_153854.jpg
    Once you learn the technique of the tools, rich is easy.
    20180519_160141.jpg
    Then if you want it sloshy, you just have to keep on adding water. Amazing yourself just how slick it stays.
    20180519_160638.jpg
    And you can still go make that pot of coffee. (Have it with cream and sugar too, cause you have earned the right.) No worries, the soused suds still live.
    20180519_160833.jpg
    Then, because you can... Go ahead and take that modern razor and make as many irritation free shave passes as you want...just because you can. Try any trick maneuver at your whim, slant, slide, crisscross, multiple atg, cleanup, whatever. Knowing that this ain't no training wheel razor to help you learn anything vintage, but you like the result, and you have mastered its easy technique to get there.

Then head on down that road in your modern air conditioned sport sedan greatful that years ago you learned how to get that hot noisey old rattletrap with the unsynchronized transmission back into gear going down that hill, but no longer have to keep pumping that stupid clutch.

Is the Williams better if you bloom it? I will never know, even if somebody said 'you really should try this, it's not bad, and economical as it gets'. Just because.

And know you are not really a sissy just because someone else says so. You have earned the right to dump water on your soap if it is a luxury for you to do so.

Until further notice...... I will wetshave with wet soap.

4. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    :smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect:

Keithmax, jeraldgordon, RyX and 2 others like this.
  5. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Well that's great....I thought we lost Mr. Cawtuh.

6. Paul Turner

I did some blooming with the next soap up for use in my rotation-Chiseled Face GTB.....it was badly needed.

Last edited: May 19, 2018
    Keithmax, RyX, Linuxguile and 2 others like this.
  7. RyX

RyX DoH!

I've got two soaps I've wanted to visit. Haven't used either Mystic Waters, or my ever shrinking hunk of vintage Williams.

The MW was chosen from a Soap Pass-around for the outrageous scent - Raspberry Lemon. I'm thinking Paul @Paul Turner will approve it's use during the warm weather. Did I mention I keep it in the refrigerator? It's not a hard soap, but a quick swipe of a moist brush looseens it up for decadent easy loading.

The other is a shave stick I found at an antique/thrift store. It's hard as a rock and nearly devoid of scent but it makes the creamiest lather. When I use the Williams I'll scrape off some thin shavings into my suribachi bowl, add water and AS of the day.

8. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Use your search Fu.... I don't malign the beliefs of others. Just passionate about what I feel is best. For instance, I won't jump on a Veg thread to troll people with comments about cat urine. But, self control ain't for everyone. You won't see me much on this thread, because posting here to disparage is off topic, and disrespectful to the OP...the only commentary I will ever make is that if some vet insists blooming is an absolutely necessary lathering process for a newbie...I will gladly dispute that. Other than that...

If you add water to Barbasol, why post on a fan club page ? It means you think it's highly imperfect, and ergo, you're not really a fan or user of Barbasol. Ever see it that way? That's why we call it molesting. ;)

Bloom on.

9. Edison Carter

My use of Barbasol is genuine! I have it, I use it when pressed for time. My testing was totally because of the high number of satisfied users I found while others called it goo. I liked it wet out a little more than straight from the can. Had I not learned just how other shave lubricants performed, I'd have no basis for comparison. I'd easily recommend folks not to close their mind to it. I have no idea why anyone could even vaguely interpret that I see it imperfect.

One soap you will not see me test for myself is Williams. I'd rather not offend the sensitivities of anyone with the possessive strings attached by using it wrong.

Frijolero and RyX like this.
  10. Edison Carter

And FWIW, I find the casual use of the term 'molesting' to be crude, ungentlemanly, and highly insensitive to any poor soul who may have been an actual victim of such.

Frijolero, RyX and Paul Turner like this.
  11. Halvor

Halvor Well-Known Member

:happy093:

What’s the bowl, if I may?

RyX and Edison Carter like this.
  12. brit

brit in a box

i tried it on a squealing fan belt.works excellent...

jeraldgordon and Edison Carter like this.
  13. brit

brit in a box

flowers bloom...

jeraldgordon and Edison Carter like this.
  14. Edison Carter

Frijolero and RyX like this.
  15. Paul Turner

Ahhh, I don't know about the Raspberry Lemon-I'd need a sample of that first. I'm worried that the scent might be too "tooty-fruity". Although I now see that Michelle(the owner)has that one in the "4 Men" section......interesting.

Last edited: May 21, 2018
  16. DesertTime

DesertTime Well-Known Member

I think the group should be open-minded and accept bi-bloomers like yourself.

17. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

I think the current term is "pan-bloomer". :)

18. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    See post #169

Frijolero, RyX and Edison Carter like this.
  19. RyX

RyX DoH!

Easy Clickable Link.

S.B.O.A. is all about great lather. There is no anti-technique rhetoric expressed here by upstanding cultured members.
    Classy.jpg

20. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Fair point. I prefer adulterated myself.

Bloom on.

Edison Carter, Primotenore and RyX like this.