Bloomers without Borders (Bw/oB)

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by RyX, May 12, 2018.

1. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

One of the fundamentals of refrigeration...... The absence of heat is......????

:Animatedfrozensmily:

Keithmax, RyX, TobyC and 1 other person like this.
  2. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Ohhhh helllll no. Mostly plain ole Dial soap. No blooming needed.

Keithmax, RyX, Edison Carter and 2 others like this.
  3. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Nasty.....when it comes to shaving.

Edison Carter, TobyC and Primotenore like this.
  4. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    In the "spirit" of the great Mahatma Gandhi, I offer an Oreo cookie to all of the "non-bloomers" out there and humbly invite them into the den of enlightenment.
    iur.jpeg
    iu.jpeg

5. TobyC

TobyC Well-Known Member

:prrr:

6. TobyC

TobyC Well-Known Member

2a6kih.jpg

jeraldgordon, brit, Frijolero and 4 others like this.
  7. BaylorGator

BaylorGator MISTER Fancypants

I’ve seen the “fake cookie ploy” used for recruitment before. Didn’t fall for it then; not falling for it now. If you are planning to tell me you have candy and bunnies in that van, I’m not falling for that either. My den is a no sousing zone.

8. Edison Carter

Clearly it looks bleak for those, who filled with goodwill, wish to share the benefits of adding water to shaving soap with the unenlightened.

9. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I'm a bodywash kinda guy, but I use it separate from my shaving.

10. Paul Turner

What WOULD you fall for?

11. BaylorGator

BaylorGator MISTER Fancypants

I’m just not a body wash using, Manilow listening, soap blooming kind of guy, Paul. I’m not even bloom-curious. Based on previous posts, you may have better luck with Fabulous, the unicorn over there.

12. Edison Carter

Never, ever found a bodywash to my liking.
    I've used Lever 2000 since whenever they started making it. Then our friends at Lever in Metico decided to make some improvements that made it hard to lather, and not to my liking. I've found Dove for Men ok, but not as good.

I'm going to make the changeover to Stirling bath soaps for a little while.

Somewhere it was suggested that the Stirling Shave Soaps that don't make the cut into the 'glorious stanks' club be repurposed as bath soap. Eh.... don't think so. I have a little trouble reconciling that I'd be bathing with something with the aroma of dirty hippie girl apartments, ashtrays, or clothes worn to a disco. For what it is worth, my upcoming Stirling order will have a couple of questionable scents just to prove I'm open minded. We might be able to add mosquito repellant to the list too.

Saving grace is the all powerful Aqua Velva Overcoat! Use liberally!

13. Paul Turner

Who's that guy? (Talkinabout Fab Uni)

Last edited: May 13, 2018
    Edison Carter likes this.
  14. Paul Turner

Lever took the "Deodorant" out of their cake soaps. If their goal was "Hey, let's try something different and see if it's better"-my answer is..."It ain't". I'd say Dial 4 Men is best(frankly, it is fast becoming the ONLY men's deodorant soap out there). As for bodywashes? Dial 4 Men and Nivea 4 Men. (IMO).

Primotenore, RyX and Edison Carter like this.
  15. Edison Carter

Not sure what they did, but I found some made in the USA at Dollar General and found it just like always, but the stuff from Mexico is lacking. Some guy even did a YouTube video on it.

I sent a comment email and got the usual "we have carefully done our market research yada, yada, yada,.... blah, blah, blah" stuff in response.

Time to move on.

I have not tried modern Dial. I used it before Lever 2000 showed up and it left my skin feeling dry and itchy.

Primotenore and RyX like this.
  16. RyX

RyX DoH!

That won't happen until The Girl Scouts start accepting boys. Not the same as the gender bending new age policies of an institution I grew up with.

I can't think of a better persons to bring about this idea! Lack of BM video incoming?

I'm not a proponent of "cold" water shaving, but I've converted to 98% of my shaves being with straight from the tap cool water. I understand if others have sensitivities to a manly, WWI type trench style, ambient temperature procedure.
    Cool water shave 1.png

Fear not, my brother in well hydrated soap arms. There will always be those that resist new ideas, or old ideas revived for their own enjoyment. Consider that many of the naysayers once used electric shavers but have since seen the light and come over to the Wet Side. Through our efforts we may help them the rest of they way to The Wet when they understand that we are just a little wetter than they are.

Fear not, I say again! Our all inclusive Brotherhood is here to bring the good news about wet soap to all that would listen. Check with you local purveyor of all things Manly and Clean for soap in a bar form.
    OS bar soap.gif

17. Edison Carter

I don't know a whole lot about soap making,but I found it interesting that TRUE Triple Milled Soap is run over the same mills I've used in the mfg of printing ink. They achieve ingredient dispersion unequaled. I'd bet few shaving soaps ever see a three roll mill.

Keithmax and RyX like this.
  18. Primotenore

Article Team
    See post #28...:rolleyes005:

TobyC likes this.
  19. Primotenore

Article Team
    :signs011:

jeraldgordon, Keithmax and RyX like this.
  20. Paul Turner

It says "Bar Soap", but is the D word in there too?(Deodorant).

Keithmax, Edison Carter and RyX like this.