Safety Razor Daily Shave?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Xtrimblades, Mar 30, 2017.

1. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    @Xtrimblades, you appear to be new here. I am glad you have joined us. I hope you enjoy TSD. Looking forward to hearing more from you.
    zwelcome2.jpg

2. Xtrimblades

Xtrimblades Member

Yea m new in this forum, and really getting lot from the members to gain to, from their personal experience, never thought the reply will so active :) the reason i magneted to this forum cos i was really looking the ACTIVE forum that will help me sort out my queries with real personal expreince..members in this forum really overwhelmed me by the replies. :)

Jayaruh likes this.
  3. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    Where are you located? We have members all over the world. I am in North Cackalacky (AKA North Carolina) in the USA.

Xtrimblades likes this.
  4. Xtrimblades

Xtrimblades Member

Me too, its been month I have started using DE ,Unlike cartridge razor DE leave no stone unturn to give close shave. Though, yet have to learn the perfect techniques to get in to perfection.seldom I get nicks but still will stick to DE for awhile until I get used too :)

5. Xtrimblades

Xtrimblades Member

M from India :)

Bama Samurai likes this.
  6. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
  7. Xtrimblades

Xtrimblades Member

8. Matt0210

Matt0210 Well-Known Member

I've never had to travel with my DE razor. Do they make a big deal about it when you go through TSA?

9. Xtrimblades

Xtrimblades Member

Pardon me sir, may I know what is TSA? M new here so I m not aware of much shaving terms u mention in ur reply :(

10. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

No blades on aircraft. DE razor is okay in cabin(no blade). SR, checked baggage.

Xtrimblades and Matt0210 like this.
  11. Matt0210

Matt0210 Well-Known Member

The TSA is the Transportation Security Administration. The security at the airport

Xtrimblades likes this.
  12. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

35 years here, interchanged with twin blade cartridges (which are also good in my book).

I tried foam exactly twice in my life. Horrible stuff in my opinion. But if it works for you, that is great!

The one big thing I learned on this forum is synthetic brushes. I have used boar and badger brushes for all my life, but sold or gave away all of them, and only have two synthetic brushes nowadays. One is an Edwin Jagger Silvertip Fibre, which is the best brush I have ever had. The other one is a Whipped Dog synthetic, which is not far behind.

If you have sensitive skin, and want to try soaps or creams, then I can highly recommend trying a synthetic brush.

Have fun!

13. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I see your questions are well answered. All I will add is welcome to the Den.

Xtrimblades likes this.
  14. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I spent a few winters in Snowhill nawth Cackalacky driving a cotton truck for a gin. Very good people in that part of the world.

Jayaruh likes this.
  15. Xtrimblades

Xtrimblades Member

16. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

What's happened to me is that I get such great shaves now using a DE or SE I can skip a day, add into the mix my hair is now white..

17. Xtrimblades

Xtrimblades Member

Did you started shaving with DE recently? Or you are a regular user from years? How bout water? Cold or hot?

18. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

To address your question about shaving products; some guys use canned shaving foam with good results. Many prefer soap & a brush. If you have never tried that, you should.

lightcs1776 likes this.
  19. Xtrimblades

Xtrimblades Member

Never tried with hot water? if yes, how was the experience?

20. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

:signs046: to TSD @Xtrimblades

I hope you enjoy it here. All DE razor blades are not created equal at least as far as your face goes. You just need to try as many DE blades as you can to find the ones that are best for you. Blade sample packs are one way to go. Blades that work well for me in my Stally shave head and Gillette "NEW" OC are:
    Polsilver Super Iridium
    Astra SP
    Vikings Sword
    Seven O'clock yellow and green