Safety Razor Travel Case

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by ironthinker, Apr 19, 2014.

1. ironthinker

ironthinker Well-Known Member

I need a safety razor travel case. I want one that allows you to keep the blade in the razor with out harming the case. Anyone
    have any recommendations?

Last edited: Apr 19, 2014
    RaZorBurn123 and PatrickA51 like this.
  2. blanka

blanka I will not eat my shaving products. Promise.

You could always buy a cheap Weishi razor. They usually come with a plastic travel case (it's not the sturdiest in the world, but fits the description of your need). I use one when I'm traveling with my SuperSpeed.

3. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

Go to your local drug store speak to the pharmacist and ask for a pill bottle that your razor will fit in. He probably will give you one. The pharmacist I deal with, gave me one for my razor and one for my brush.

dscaver, maltedmilk and ObiDon like this.
  4. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I use an eye glass case. Works great!

Boojum1 and ObiDon like this.
  5. jmsodpc

jmsodpc Well-Known Member

i was super super close to buying on of those new travel razor cases from IKON razors online...before i dropped the $35 shipped on the case (which does look nice), i checked ebay and ended up buying a travel razor with case for $19.99 from italianbarber...which cost me ZERO since i used my $20 ebay bux on it.

6. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

I found someone who makes Handcrafted leather travel cases for the Gillette Slim, Fat Boy and Super Adjustable Long Handle razors. They are designed to carry the razor with blade. They cost $30 each.

IMG_0741-1.jpg

Last edited: Jul 24, 2014
  7. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Tinmantoo, Charles K and Slow Joe like this.
  8. Misphit

Misphit Rest In Peace

9. jmsodpc

jmsodpc Well-Known Member

10. Slow Joe

Slow Joe Relishing his obsession

Really nice case you have there. Great that you don't have to take the blade out. On holiday i found that storing my razor and the blade was a real hassle. I ended up packing the blade back in it's wrapper , so i could put it away from the kids. I didn't want it to hav a razor with a blade in whilst staying in an unfamilier setting where the wife might grab it. Now if I had that case, things would have been a lot easier. may have to invest in one for the future.

11. Slow Joe

Slow Joe Relishing his obsession

12. markjnewcomb

markjnewcomb Well-Known Member

I use a piece of PVC pipe cut to length with PVC end caps.
    But, all of the above will work.

maltedmilk likes this.
  13. Boojum1

14. maltedmilk

maltedmilk Well-Known Member

Article Team
    I guess my neck is a lot redder than you guys. My last trip was a bit short notice and normally I don't travel much. Since I was in a pinch, I stuck my loaded DE (forget which one) in a WalMart bag and twisted the bag all around the head. Similar wrapping for brush. Both in another plastic bag, wrapping both together. Plastic wad wedged safely among the socks traveled quite well.

NOT a permanent solution, but fully functional. As long as you can keep it out of sight, you might not be mistaken for a Clampett! Clampett

hillbilly_w_jug.gif Hillbilly 10 = 4 + 6 pack —> hillbilly_chic_crushing_beer_cans_md_wht.gif

ObiDon likes this.
  15. Boojum1

maltedmilk likes this.
  16. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

I use this when taking the Mühle on holiday....

Grey plastic cover (on the left) slides over the razor's head (with blade intact).
    [​IMG]

Boojum1 likes this.
  17. BigMark

BigMark Tests razors by shaving Wookies

Holiday? Last I check you were Merican.

18. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

You, of course, noticed I had used the European spelling of 'grey' as well….Trying hard to be so international…….;)

19. BigMark

BigMark Tests razors by shaving Wookies

That spelling of gray slipped by me. Actually I prefer the european spelling. Just please do not use aluminium. There is a reason us Yanks do not say it or spell it that way.

20. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Agreed. And please don't go about putting petrol in the lorrie...