schick injector blades

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by JayPo007, Sep 19, 2013.

1. JayPo007

JayPo007 Well-Known Member

Has anyone found an economical place to buy schick injector blades? From what I have seen, $7 for a 7 pack seems to be the norm. Seems pretty steep even if you get more shaves from each blade. Thanks

2. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    I'm assuming you just want injector blades, not Schick brand specifically. Try Sally's Beauty Supply. Ask for "Personna Mini Hair Shaper Blades" and make sure they come in the case with the blade key (they sell them without the blade key as well). It should cost between $8-10 per package.

...20 blades per package. :D

3. JayPo007

Thanks Plan. I just received an injector off the bay. It was intended to be part of a small decorative shaving display but I owe it to my curiosity to try it out.

4. HoosierTrooper

HoosierTrooper Steve-less in Indiana

I get them from a couple local independently owned drugstores for under $6, which is worth it to me because they do last a while. None of the large drugstores like Walgreens or CVS carry them anymore, you just have to check out the independently owned stores and mom and pop type places.

5. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    The Personna blades are nice. Injector razors tend to run the gamut from aggressive to normal. I haven't used one I would consider "mild." The first three, models A, B, and C are repeating razors, not injectors. they take the same blades, but load them differently. They are also quite aggressive. The later injector designs are better shavers, even if they don't quite have that beautiful Art Deco styling of the early razors.

Which model razor did you end up getting?

6. JayPo007

This is what I ended up with. Sorry for the cell phone pic.

20130919_215631.jpg

There is a Sally's and a few mom and pop pharmacies close by my house. I will try them this weekend.

PLANofMAN likes this.
  7. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

After you completely fall in love with this beauty and will only allow an injector to touch your face.....You can really save money buying from EMS...these are the same Platinum coated Personnas...Below is the product info and contact numbers...If you call the service is very quick....Check into the Injector and SE party thread and let us know how this sweetheart of a razor and you are getting on....;)
    Stainless Steel "PTFE" Coated 20 blades in a dispenser.
    71990 Dispenser each 4.50
    71991 Dispenser 10/lot 42.00

Phone: 215-412-8400
    Toll Free: 800-523-5874

PLANofMAN, JayPo007 and Leo K. like this.
  8. Leo K.

Leo K. Well-Known Member

Agreed. My recent order of 200 blades was shipped fast and was about 45 bucks.

Bird Lives likes this.
  9. MoAllen

MoAllen King of Unscented

Leo K. and JayPo007 like this.