Schick Repeating Razor Owners Club (SRROC)

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Redfisher, Oct 31, 2015.

1. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

I think you are right. I have some Brass shim at work. it is .010 thick when I measure the thickness of my spring I am hoping it is that thick. It should be easy enough to make a pattern. The only part that will be a little challenging is making a buck to form it to. Need to get the correct shape. I love doing this type of stuff. Now it will give me incentive to try and make the cartridge for these. It will make for a fun Saturday.

I will keep you posted. We need to keep these razors alive.:)

Tom

Last edited: Nov 6, 2015
    Redfisher and Billyfergie like this.
  2. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Yo Mrchick have you received your bad boy yet?

Redfisher, mrchick and Billyfergie like this.
  3. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Hodge PM on the way. I have an idea.

Redfisher and Billyfergie like this.
  4. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Tracking says tomorrow.

Redfisher, Billyfergie and twhite like this.
  5. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Good to hear. Looking forward to seeing your cleanup.
    Tom

mrchick and Billyfergie like this.
  6. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

You take those 2 tiny screws out...Take the screw which holds the head on, off...Take the head off, and those two sides where those two tiny screws were...Bend those out....:eek:.....I know it sounds scary, but those tabs are meant to be bent out....then push the neck that the head was attached to, towards the handle and everthing will come out in one piece....clean and reassemble in reverse order....

Big tip...if you oil it...then wipe off as much oil as possible...it that slide that racks the new blades in is damp with oil, the new blade can stick to it and Bingo! It will jam!...Then you have to take it apart again...ha,ha...But its all fun...But it that slide, and the blades are dry, you shouldn't have any probs...

Heres a video...Notice the disassembled C type has those tabs bent out....

7. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

BTW.. @Redfisher ....what do you think about us opening membership to "Schick Repeater Lovers" and Owners who haven't yet scored one of these beauties....I know if I hadn't scored mine yet, I would still want to join in preperation for when I did cop....But only to Genuine Schick Repeater Razor Owners in Heart and Soul who are just temporarily Schickless....ha,ha....

8. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

I suggest WSRROC

9. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Maybe like a pledge in college......

10. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

And we can make them get our coffee:)

Rufus T., Billyfergie and Redfisher like this.
  11. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

I was thinking polishing our repeaters.

12. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

That is even better. First the coffee then they polish them as we drink the coffee.

13. Morman Bridge

Morman Bridge Well-Known Member

THANK YOU!!!!!!
    I much appreciate your help sir, all disassembly and reassembly is complete, and the razor has been cleaned on the inside. I'm now soaking the injectors head in hot soapy water, and when it is time I will reassemble that onto the razor as well. The innards weren't as bad as I thought they would be. They cleaned up easily. Someone in its past life must have loved this razor, because it was fairly well lubricated inside. All I did was wipe away all the grungy looking deposits off of each piece, and since everything had so much oil on it, I didn't even oil anything. I had to remove oil.
    I had a moment of panic though, when I first disassembled the internal mechanism. It slipped in my hand slightly, and the parts that sit on the slide fell out. It took some experimentation to get those correct after cleaning. Now all I have to do is put the head back on, and find a full magazine, or fill the empty one I have. I haven't read far enough back in this thread to see if anyone has described the process to re-load an empty magazine, but I did read that the original nos magazine blades are not desirable blades. Could someone please touch on this topic for me ? How do I load a magazine, and what blades would you recommend? Thanks again sir, for the help. Have a great night.

14. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Morman Bridge
    Go look at post #60. It shows how to load new blades.

Tom

15. Morman Bridge

Thanks Tom, I'm going there now.

Rufus T., Billyfergie and twhite like this.
  16. Morman Bridge

Hello all, I want to thank everyone for their help in fixing up my C Type. Even though I'm about as sharp as a marble, with everyone's help that old injector has been brought back to life. I even loaded 4 Ted Pella's blades in the magazine that was in it. It cycles just fine. I'm going to try a shave with it tonight.
    Can anyone offer any suggestions on angle ? Do I just use an angle like an SE? I will try and figure it out. Thanks again, and have a great day!

17. Morman Bridge

I have noticed the blade is a little loose in the injector head. Are the nos blades thicker? Or is it possible my razor head is damaged?

Rufus T. and Billyfergie like this.
  18. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

The blades are thinner. On another post somebody mentioned to take the blade out. Then on a flat hard surface place the spring face on it and very carefully bend the spring more so it will close the gap some. That will help hold the new thinner blades in tighter.
    Hopefully somebody else can confirm this for us.

Best of luck.
    Tom

Rufus T. and Morman Bridge like this.
  19. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

20. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

I have also found this linkhttp://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/339330-Schick-C3-dissasembly-(Pic-heavy!

Rufus T. and Billyfergie like this.