Schick Repeating Razor Owners Club (SRROC)

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Redfisher, Oct 31, 2015.

1. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

I’ll be checking eBay and Etsy for one and will post a WTB here. If I do find a blade magazine, I’m only loading one at a time as a jam could be horrendous. For now I’ll go with loading the blades manually, ala the @Linuxguile method. I’m hoping to take the C2 out for a spin later this week.

Billyfergie and Jayaruh like this.
  2. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I am looking forward to your report. Are you going to attempt to shine it up?

Jim99 and Billyfergie like this.
  3. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

I’m hoping to give it a good cleaning and gentle polishing later this week. As this is my injector week, I’m hoping to use it by Thursday. I’ll be posting up my results right after.

Initial observations are that this is a solid razor and has a nice weight to it. This appears to be a well made razor.

Btw, I found a couple of sellers that are offering the blade magazines. They’re a little pricey, but they’re out there.

Jayaruh and Billyfergie like this.
  4. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Looking forward to seeing it cleaned up and shiny again. You don't really need the magazine unless you really want one. Are you talking one with blades or just the "tray?" The old blades may not be as good as modern injector blades.

5. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

The Old Blades are Terrible..I Had Some NOS Mint Ones..Its Hardly Worth Touching a 2nd Hand Magazine..They are So Fragile..Thats Why they were Disposable..Load & Use Once & Throw Away..:)

Billy..:chores016:

Jim99 likes this.
  6. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

So THAT'S good it works! I wondered why yours worked and mine jammed. Doh!

Herm

7. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

I saw someone selling two unopened magazines and they were going for more than what I paid for the razor. Another seller has a magazine with rusty blades and the spring sure looked askew to me. I’ll be manually loading the blades until I find a decent and low priced magazine. Either way, the shave is the same.... but I cannot deny the coolness the auto loader adds to the experience.

Billyfergie likes this.
  8. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Here she is all nice and shiny! It was a great first shave this morning. Two passes of goodness. I manually loaded the blade without any mishaps. I held the blade with my small needle nose pliers. It took 10 seconds. This razor has a totally different feel than any of my others. That must be due to the design of the head and weight. It was a pleasure shaving with the repeating razor and might even find a place in the rotation!
    640B12BB-B0AF-4822-B34D-CA9FDB567812.jpeg

Droo78, Herm2502 and Billyfergie like this.
  9. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

@Billyfergie , it looks as though the blade spring/hold down on the head is made of copper. After giving it a good cleaning, that part of the head looks like a shiny penny.

I bent that blade spring while trying to clean underneath. I managed to bend it back properly and it holds the blade tightly. I thought I trashed it at first until I calmed down and figured out how to bend it back so it holds the blade.

Billyfergie likes this.
  10. jonmich

jonmich Member

You can get six brass bullet magazines for $30.00 + mailing cost ($5.00 a clip of 20 blades).
    These should include instructions.
    Other members of the Owners Club might be prepared to share a purchase.
    Although seller has 7 left I think these could go quickly.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/292536828748?rmvSB=true

Jim99 likes this.
  11. jwr3265

jwr3265 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Droo78 and Jim99 like this.
  12. riverrun

riverrun Well-Known Member

Postage plus tax to where I live... just over $30 for a total of over $60.
    Good thing I don't collect stuff I don't plan to use...
    They do look very cool tough.

Jim99 likes this.
  13. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

I would be willing to share a purchase as I just need/want one magazine. Is anyone else considering a purchase?

Linuxguile likes this.
  14. BearCWY

BearCWY Well-Known Member

well I guess it's time for me to join with a pic. I have a B1 and a C3 and just scored a A off the Bay tonight. Here is the pic of the A if I can figure it out

Jim99 and twhite like this.
  15. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Funny I just received my first A today. I have been looking for almost 2 years.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Droo78, Hodge and Jim99 like this.
  16. BearCWY

Nice one Tom, the one I scored has the textured handle. I paid a little more than I guess I should have but it was a B-Day gift to myself 6-27-73. I just cant figure out how to post a pic of it. help?

twhite likes this.
  17. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Those are the Bees knees.

I will be shaving with mine on Wednesday. I have a Vintage Dutch Blade loaded up in it. Those Dutch blades are wicked sharp and seem to last forever.

Hodge likes this.
  18. BearCWY

Dutch blades?

19. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Yes not sure when they were last made. Schick made in Holland.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Hodge, Jim99 and Billyfergie like this.
  20. BearCWY