SE Feathers

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Windwalker, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Windwalker

Windwalker New Member

I ordered some from Pauldog, has anyone used these? Any tips or things to look out for?

2. burningdarkness

burningdarkness Woot Off

Haven't used the Feather SE blades yet. I'm very curious as to how they perform. I do believe that they don't have a spine and that you have to put one on them yourself.

Let us know what you think of them.

3. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

I hear they are nice, but you do have to deal with the whole spine thing which I hear isnt hard, but its still extra work.

4. D.irving79

D.irving79 Gemocrat

i buy them specifically for my valet.

i have a video on removing a spine. putting one on cant be that much harder, but i can always do a video for that as well if need be.

5. JayKay

I think its just a matter of sqeezing it back on with pliers.

6. D.irving79

D.irving79 Gemocrat

yep, thats the stuff :)

7. JayKay

Just waiting on that damn Pella order. CVS has new SE blades. 10 for $4. I looked and they didnt say whether they were made by ASR or not. Didn't say whether they were coated or not. They were just in the shaving section. I wouldnt be suprised if they were rebranded hardware store blades not meant for shaving but they put them in the shaving section because where else are you going to find SE blades to scrape stickers off your windows. Whos brave enough to try?

8. D.irving79

D.irving79 Gemocrat

you try them......then sue :happy097

9. spinyeel

spinyeel Member

Anyone else notice staining,"juvenile rust" on carbon s/e blades after one shave even if said blade is thoroughly dried???

10. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Yes, I get this on GEM Blue Stars even if I do an alcohol rinse and completely dry.

11. JimR

JimR Active Member

Feather SEs are smooth and sharp, like they ought to be.

12. D.irving79

D.irving79 Gemocrat

just like you jim. just. like. you.

13. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

I also use them in my Valets. Actually just finished using one. Just as you would expect from a Feather, and they work perfectly in a Valet with no modification.

14. Truckman

Truckman New Member

Yes, I get this on my PAL SE blades...

Are they smoother than the Feather DEs? I don't find the Feather DEs to be very smooth...
    Always with the compliments, this one :rolleyes:

15. Windwalker

Windwalker New Member

I loaded one into the Lathercatcher last night, normal prep, C&E Sienna cream, using the BBB. Standard (for me anyway) 3 pass (W-X-A) shave with some touch ups. I must say the least irritating shave I have had in a long time. Of course one could contribute that to using the blade very gingerly and gently. But all in all, I would recommend this blade as one to try especially if the others are sketchy for your face. This was the first shave for me with these, so I don't know how many shaves they are good for, but I would definitely use these again. :happy088

16. JimR

JimR Active Member

Baby, you know you don't be needin' no butter for to slick me up.
    Smoov Jim is here for you...

17. D.irving79

D.irving79 Gemocrat

:love055

hahahahaha.