SE Razor Question

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Quest, Feb 20, 2009.

1. Quest

Quest New Member

I have a micromatic that i want to use where is there a online source for them? The walgreens by my house wants almost $6.00 for the Personna GEM hoping to find some for cheaper

2. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

razorandbrush.com sells blades, but unfortunately they are currently closed. Pella also sells blades but they are only in packs of 200.

3. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

If you have a Walmart you can try there. Some Walmarts have a 10 pack of GEM Blue Star blades for about $4. Others don't have any SE blades at all. CVS usually has GEM blades as well. But as I recall they are a bit pricier. However, the CVS blades are stainless and the Walmart blades are Carbon steel and will rust fast.

When you go into local stores, be careful that you aren't buying paint chipper/floor scraper blades. They look the same but have a different edge for a very different purpose.

4. MsBlackwolf

MsBlackwolf Queen of Critters

When will razor and brush reopen?

5. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

A lot of super markets will sell the SE blades.. mostly Treets.. what part of the world you in. ? Maybe I can send you a few to try,

Fuzzy

6. Quest

Quest New Member

I am in northern ca I am going to try Rite Aid I forgot we had one and the nearest walmart is two hours a way. Thank you for the offer though

7. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

Lucky you!! Dang now I'm sad that there is a wal mart a mere 65 miles away from me, I thought I was isolated.

8. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

If the rite aid does not hook you up let me know. :D Enjoy the Micromatic.

Fuzzy

9. Quest

Quest New Member

Rite Aid did have the treets so I picked up a pack and gave the micro a test drive with the way some people talked i thought i was going to resemble Freddie Kruger. But after the shave i look more like baby new years face. Not quite a BBS but real close, though a do have some razor burn. The Micromatic is a lot more "aggressive" then the Gillette New all in all I like the shave this things gives and with practice it will get easier. I am a Gem fan

10. Windwalker

Windwalker New Member

:signs136 now we have you muwhaaaaah.

11. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Hey that sounds good.. There are a lot better shaving SE's then the micromatic... But It can give very very nice shaves also...Now get a 1912 and see what it can do.:D

Fuzzy

12. Truckman

Truckman New Member

You cannot escape that which is Walmart.

Haha, reminds me of the South Park episode: Something Walmart This Way Comes :happy102 :happy102 :happy102 :happy102