Second Shave With Timeless Bronze .38 Gap= Awsome Smooth BBS

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bill G, Mar 20, 2018.

1. Bill G

Bill G Well-Known Member

Today I got in my second shave with my new Timeless Bronze .38 gap SB razor. The key thing was useing the correct head angle when shaving and a light touch (the razor has some weight to it). Also a sharp smooth blade is key YMMV. This time around my second shave I had a better feel for the Timeless Bronze .38 SB razor.

My neck area can be tough very sinsitive. Useing a light touch the correct blade angle (more info in the first Shave review below on the blade angle). The key things here and I got an awesome BBS shave with no irritation on my neck and face areas chin jaw line everywhere. I would say the best shave I have got to date in several years.

See the original first shave review below my second shave was done the same way with the same blade and products. First Shave was a DFS and the second with this razor was awesome BBS shave.

The Timeless Bronze razor is a keeper for me and at this point has become my favorite razor hands down. I also love my Mergress adjustable as well.

ORIGINAL 1st Shave Review Below For Reference.

Well I got around to a shave today with my new Timeless Bronze razor .38 gap SB.

My impression is the razor is a very smooth affective and efficient razor. The razor has weight to it so I found managing that weight is critical. I held the razor close to the head to manage that and used light steady strokes giving great results. The razor has a.38 blade gap but more blade exposure the reason in my opinion for giving the razor it's efficiency. The big thing is the Timeless Bronze likes the head angle or works best in my opinion with the handle more towards the face. This angle to me gave the best shave efficiency and smoothness with its head design YMMV.

This razor is unlike any other razor I have in feel and shave but as said by others smooth mild feeling and efficient. The razor gave me a DFS with two passes on the face and three passes done with a light touch on the neck area. Passes with the grain and accross some touch up on the neck against the grain. For me or in my opinion this razor likes a sharp razor blade YMMV.

Hot shower prep with Proraso white pre shave soap used was Shannons Bay Patcholuli Grapefruit (a great soap) razor blade was a Perma Sharp Super. I also think the Astra SP will be a good blade in this razor and I will give that blade a try down the road.

Happy Shaves All,
    Bill G

william beer and john zeiger like this.
  2. william beer

william beer Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update Bill. The Timeless Bronze .38 may be my next purchase. Also looking at the Razorock Mamba and Game Changer too.

Bill G likes this.
  3. john zeiger

john zeiger Well-Known Member

I agree, thanks much for the update Bill. I hope you continue to enjoy the TB as much as I do. You really hit the nail on the head yesterday when you advised that it shaved differently then most other razors. I also really enjoy the machining on the razor. It is very well made and fits together soo smoothly. Please keep us informed of your progress. I really enjoy your insights.

Bill G likes this.