Secret Santa 2014: show and tell

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by macaronus, Nov 16, 2014.

1. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Since stuff will be getting sent out soon, I'll post this thread up for people to show off what they got from Secret Santa this year.

santas.jpg

This will serve as a confirmation / recieved delivery thread as well.​

Holyrollah
    Bama Samurai
    DEfettish
    Blanka
    Turk
    Spud
    Sean Coughlin
    Cubancigar2000
    MoAllen
    Fram773
    Lradke
    Shotwell
    Jom
    Troy
    JoeB
    MikeWood
    KnockOutShave
    Bobcat
    Luteplayers
    RyanB
    JR Reyes
    JohnBeeman
    HuckleberryHound

Tell you what: all packages have arrived! Yeey!​

Last edited: Dec 24, 2014
  2. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Yesterday, I had a surprise package arrive in the mail at my office. :mail:

In the box was a brand spankin' new 3" wide x 20" long section of hard-pressed wool felt!
    "What the heck is that for?"—you may be asking.
    For razor stropping. The wool felt is great for pre-leather or post-honing. My plan is to use it as a 2-sided refresher strop (ChromOx on one side; diamond spray on the other).
    This arrived courtesy of my Secret Santa. So, thank you, Santa! This is perfect! I've some leather & fasteners to be able to hang and hold this 'new' strop. :happy093:
    [​IMG]

Thick...
    [​IMG]

3. JR Reyes

JR Reyes I scream for....chicken wings??

So it has begun....Congrat Kevin, and kudos to the secret santa. I look forward to seeing more surprises.

Troy M, Spud, macaronus and 2 others like this.
  4. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

This (posts like Kevin's) is the fun part of this game!

Nice work by Santa!

Troy M, Spud, macaronus and 1 other person like this.
  5. blanka

blanka I will not eat my shaving products. Promise.

And it begins!

macaronus and Bama Samurai like this.
  6. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

The real question is: Will Blanka eat his gifts or actually shave with them? :signs002:

7. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

* ahem * Santa needed some extra helpers this year. :innocent

[​IMG]

8. Bama Samurai

My Secret Santa was super on his game! Package arrived today! Will open and share pics later...I must go retrieve Mrs. Samurai from the airport first...

Excited for many reasons tonight!

jakie55, Troy M and macaronus like this.
  9. blanka

Depends on how delicious said gifts smell!

richgem, Jasman and macaronus like this.
  10. DEfettish

DEfettish Well-Known Member

I received my Secret Santa stash today and I have to say that I am very happy and thankful. My secret Santa did a great job. The Gillette New is great and the selection of soap, cream, and 7 O'clocks was great. I can't wait to try them all out. I spent some time cleaning up the New tonight and it really shines. Sending it all in a wooden cigar box was a really nice touch. Again, who ever you are thank you very much.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 21, 2014
  11. Bama Samurai

So. The update. Secret Santa had been hard at work this past weekend.

Yesterday, much to my amazement, a Secret Santa package arrived! I had no idea to even expect one so soon, such a nice surprise in the mailbox!

Upon unwrapping, I discovered what Santa had selected for me. The box contained 2 Secret Santa Surprises.

First, I opened the card from Santa!
    image.jpg

image.jpg

Injector and MWF!! Santa You are the Best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

image.jpg
    This is a Personna injector from Santa! (pic above). What I notice about this gift is that it appears to have been manufactured in 1974. I have never seen a razor like this...It has a hinged head that allows the SE blade to float a bit...kinda like traction control for your SE razor! I note the date because I am 1974 vintage as well...Santa is super cool and thoughtful like that!

image.jpg

The above is from Santa also! This soap needs no introduction. It's that legendary. And now, because of my Secret Santa, I will get to experince said legend firsthand!!!

image.jpg

Thank you Secret Santa for sending these my way! I will give the Personna a great home in my den, and will try a thirty day rule sometime in 2015 with these items so Santa can see how it worked out for me. I have longed wanted to try the Fat and think it smells great! I hope my Santa has a wonderful Christmas. Thank you!

Also, a very big Thanks!!! to @macaronus --

He was the ringleader and chief instigator of all this fun! Thanks Mike for investing your time into TSD. I really appreciate the things you do around here. May Christmas in Zeeland be magical!!!

Warm Regards and Holiday Wishes!

Chris

Last edited: Nov 21, 2014
    Spud, Luteplayers, jakie55 and 11 others like this.
  12. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Santa had some great gifts for ya! Enjoy!

Troy M and Bama Samurai like this.
  13. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

ANOTHER surprise package at the office today!
    A box containing my NEW favorite aftershave.....
    SafariScreenSnapz001.jpg

No note, but I'm going to assume it came from my Secret Santa! (who else sends out aftershaves? ;))
    Jeez, I've been doubly-blessed this week. Thank you, SS, for both your thoughtfulness & generosity!
    :happy093::happy093::happy093::happy093:

Jostalli, Luteplayers, Spud and 9 others like this.
  14. blanka

Ooooh, I've been wondering how that Fine Platinum smells. You'll have to update us!

Troy M and Bama Samurai like this.
  15. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

+1

macaronus and Bama Samurai like this.
  16. JR Reyes

JR Reyes I scream for....chicken wings??

It's based off of Creed Aventus cologne, and smells pretty awesome. It looks like you have the most recent bottle and packaging. I'm curious how strong the formula is with regard to the amount of menthol. The version I own (square bottle with black cap) is less intense and has good scent strength.

macaronus, Darkbulb, Troy M and 2 others like this.
  17. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

I had the small sampler sizes of the Fine aftershaves, and the Platinum was one of, if not the favorite of the lot. The L'Orange Noir is also tops.

18. blanka

I had a nice surprise waiting for me when I got home today!

20141122_132843_resized.jpg

I received two items from my wish list! A 200 pack of Treet Black Beauty blades (I love these things) and a Daune Italian Shavette. Thank you to my Secret Santa, I really appreciate it!

19. Turk

Turk Well-Known Member

1121142131.jpg Stopped at the mailbox on the way to the office today and was totally surprised that my Secret Santa package had arrived! Whoo-hoo! I took it to the office with me so I could sit at my desk and enjoy its contents. My Secret Santa was kind enough to send some RazoRock shaving soaps which smell great. I've always wondered about their products and can finally try them myself. Can't wait to get home and shave tomorrow. I also love the citrus Trumpers skin food as I sit at my desk and rub it into my face. The RazoRock Son of Zeus is a really nice aftershave and very strong by the way! A little goes a long way. There were other things that came and are shown in the picture that I will most assuredly put to good use. Thanks Secret Santa! You Rock!

20. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

I received a package in the mail yesterday. In it was some very nice things from my secret Santa.

In it was a tub of TOBS sandalwood cream, Anthony Logistics pre-shave oil and a great little blade bank!

I have been wanting to try a sandalwood scented product for a bit now. Man oh man it smells nice! I will be using it Friday morning for sure.
    The oil is something I've been wanting but never made the leap. I'm excited to try it! The blade bank is reusable and will look great on my countertop.
    Many, many thanks to my secret Santa! I hope you're secret Santa is good to you. Have a great Holiday!

Jeremy
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]