Seifenglatt Europe shutting down

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Darkbulb, Feb 28, 2015.

1. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

From Seifenglatt this past week:

Dear friends,

It’s been a pleasure serving European customers for over 2 years Seifenglatt existed. We want to thank you for your support all through this period, but it’s time to say good bye.

Seifenglatt will shut down its European operations at the end of this month, all website traffic from seifenglatt.com and seifenglatt.eu will be forwarded to our new US site www.soapsmooth.com, manufacturer of Soap Smooth shaving soap and aftershave products.

Soap Smooth ships worldwide from USA, we will be happy to have you as a customer on this side of the pond too.

There’s not much inventory left in Europe, today is the last day you can make a purchase. Take advantage of our closeout offer, 40% off on any purchase over 50 Euro, use code “CLOSEOUT”

Once again, thank you and good bye!

--
    Best Regards,
    http://www.seifenglatt.eu
    https://www.facebook.com/seifenglatt
    https://twitter.com/Seifenglatt

2. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Am I the only one who find 'Soap smooth' to be a rather...uninspired name?

Tdmsu likes this.
  3. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

Well, that sucks. Just today I shaved with one of their soap for the first time. It will not be my last soap

4. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

So I'm a bit confused....are they also rebranding to 'Soap Smooth'?

@RaZorBurn123 btw check out the Sefenglatt sale link on Soap Smooth...about 40% off ;)

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  5. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

I'd have to see the whole package.
    let's see........
    big green oversized soap round(puck), with a caption of the incredible hulk saying, "soap smooth".
    might work...

Darkbulb likes this.
  6. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Soap Lather!

7. woodworker

woodworker Active Member

It's good soap, got a tub off a BST forum for a good deal. I'm not a buyer at $20 for a 6 ounce tub of a basic MdC clone though.

8. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I have 5 jars of soap/croap/creams in route to me right now. Although that is a very tempting price, I've got to pass. The chocolate does look interesting.

9. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

What made them shut down?

10. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Here is their information from their About us page.

Welcome to Seifenglatt!

Seifenglatt LLC was established in 2013 and is subsidiary to BHM Trading.

We have been in import/export business since 2001 and our goal is to bring quality products onto the European market at reasonable prices.

We are based in sunny California, USA and have reliable shipping partners in Europe. Seifenglatt is processing and quickly shipping goods out of Europe.​

http://seifenglatt.com/aboutus

It could just be that since they are a US based companty they do not want to deal in Europe directly to avoid the EU regulations on cosmetic products.

This is from About us page from Soap Smooth.

Seifenglatt is now Soap Smooth!

We have a long and moving story, boring for some, but this journey was very exciting to us. What started as a hobby, turned into a world of crazy exploration, with constant search for a better shave.

Soap Smooth manufactures all soap and aftershave products in California, USA. It is now a family operated venture, with everyone contributing what they can to create a superior product for ladies and gentlemen wet shavers.
    All ingredients, packaging, and labels are made in the USA, essential and fragrant oils are sourced from US suppliers.
    We created our own formula and tweaked it to perfection. We do get inspired scenting our products, but all are our original blends.
    We do not compare our products to other producers, we have great respect for all artisans.

Seifenglatt stock of French made soap will be on clearance here until sold out.

We will be updating this page with more information and pictures, once we get our manufacturing area expanded. Soap making is fascinating! If you’re interested in details, check back soon.​

http://www.soapsmooth.com/about-us

Sounds like another Soap Opera to me.

crackstar likes this.
  11. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

They posted a follow up reply on another forum that some people might find interesting:

12. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

I understand their move, but I like the Seifenglatt name better. Just personal preference. The soaps are excellent performers under any name.

Darkbulb likes this.
  13. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

It reminds me a lot about the circumstances that made Fitjar close down.

Tdmsu likes this.
  14. Omelmad

Oh well =P I was actually happy about them being in Europe, it would be fun to have an artisan here. But it's not to expensive to buy stuff from the US

crackstar likes this.
  15. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I'll be happy to recommend you a very good artisan from Germany - Calani. :)

Darkbulb, Omelmad and GDCarrington like this.
  16. Omelmad

I will google it right away =)

crackstar and GDCarrington like this.