September 2017 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by NCoxSTL, Aug 31, 2017.

?

Which SE will you be using this month?

1. Schick Injector

19 vote(s)
    51.4%
  2. Pal Injector

7 vote(s)
    18.9%
  3. A vintage Gem of some sort

17 vote(s)
    45.9%
  4. Mongoose

2 vote(s)
    5.4%
  5. Shavette

4 vote(s)
    10.8%
  6. Artist Club

3 vote(s)
    8.1%
  7. Traditional Straight

8 vote(s)
    21.6%
  8. Fooled you - no SE here!

5 vote(s)
    13.5%
  9. Cookies. Either let me have some or let me out.

6 vote(s)
    16.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

High praise indeed, Chris! Congrats.

2. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

I'm sure I've probably said this to you before, Jim, but Barrister's Reserve Cool is also a fantastic product that is based on Floid Blue as well.

3. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Added to my list! :happy088:

4. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Great photo! Glad it all came together in a capital shave. Also happy the Personna blue was to your liking!

5. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

I'm thinking about placing an order for 100 of them!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

6. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Beautiful picture Chris. The razor looks fantastic. :happy096:

7. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

Thursday shave

The razor is easy to maintain and always seems to have a great edge. Zero irritation and a smooth face.

Irritation A+ Closeness A Smoothness A+ Sharpness A

Razor: Takehana Feon
    Strop: Dry Gulch Latigo
    Brush: Shavemac silver tip
    Pre: Proraso
    Soap: R66
    AS:, Speick AS
    Scent: Dior Vetiver

IMG_2891.jpg

8. entropy1049

entropy1049 Well-Known Member

That one looks familiar :D

9. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

When ever I post this razor I always think about giving you a shout out. It is a fantastic razor.

10. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Smells like the Drug Store SEptember!!!! (Stirling Booster)

September 13

Razor - Schick Injector E2
    Blade - [​IMG] (3)
    Soap - Stirling Ozark Mountain
    Brush - Jayaruh #46
    ASOD - Aqua Velva Ice Blue

Well the Mighty Veg is still a powerful item. Great day of sales today, especially for a Wednesday on a sale change. I may have to just start using it every day. Third shave on the E2 injector with Stirling Ozark Mountain and the JR46. Great lather, great brush, two passes and touch ups and the baby is put to bed. I usually wonder why I don't use the injectors more when I finally break them out. Alas, that's the last one I have, though I'll revisit both of them later this month I'm sure. I'm probably headed on to the pain stick tomorrow for a few days during SEPtember.

Aftershave of the day tomorrow morning is AV Ice Blue. A classic scent that should start the day off GREAT!

In honor of the fantastic scent of the Stirling tonight I thought I'd share a little musical interlude! Have a great Wednesday!

11. GarnerPW

GarnerPW Well-Known Member

13 SEptember

Pre-Shave: Hot Shower
    Brush: 24mm Silvertip, Frank Shaving
    Soap: Lilac Shave Stick, Mystic Water
    Razor: Brooklyn 1912, GEM
    Blade: Treet (9)
    Post-Shave: Cold Water rinse and After Shave Witch Hazel, Thayers
    Photo:
    SOTD 13 Sep 2017.jpg

Today was surgery day so I was wanting a mild scent soap and a close shave just it case I was unable to shave tomorrow. The brush is a new brush that I got in the post the day before. This is the brush I bought a month ago, it finally arrived. I need to use it some more before giving my opinion on it though. I was able to do two passes from the soap in the brush the first time around. After applying a little more soap I did the third pass followed by some clean up on my jaw line. I finished the shave with a cold water and some Thayers AS. The results were a DFS. I have also found a new friend in this razor. It has gone from staying in it's box at the back of my den with me regretting picking it, to the front of my den with me reaching for it when I need a really close shave.

12. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

Hope all went well for you.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

13. GarnerPW

GarnerPW Well-Known Member

Thank you Chris. Yes it all went well. Just more pain than I thought.

14. Norcalnewb

Glad it went well for you. Your comment about more pain than you thought seems to mirror my thoughts after a surgery as well. Praying your recovery goes well.

15. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Glad everything went well. I hope you get some relief from the pain soon.

16. Norcalnewb

IMG_0688.JPG

SEptember 14 SOTD:

Stirling Synthetic Brush
    TSD Lanolin Egyptian Spice
    Injector Type C3
    Stirling Unscented PSB
    Old Spice Classic AS

It was a decent shave with this razor, which I don't use too often. The blade really needed to be changed, so I will have to do that before I use it next time. With fall coming, the Egyptian Spice also sounded like a good idea. As always, it was a great performer. I have two or three shaves left with this soap, then it will be done. A little modern Old Spice to finish, and I am off to work. I hope everyone has a great day!

17. PLAla

SOTD SEptember 14, 2017
    A Stirling SEptember

Blade: GEM stainless
    Razor: GEM Featherweight
    Brush: Surrey badger
    Lather: Stirling Sandpiper
    WTG, touch-up

Stirling sure does make a great soap. The lather today was top notch. I work in water little by little and am usually rewarded with shiny, yogurty lather that is so slick and protective. It's great stuff. The Featherweight worked well with a new GEM blade. All came together nicely.

Enjoy your day!

SOTD 9-14-17.JPG

18. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Great picture Perry. What do you think of the Sandpiper?

19. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

SEptember 14, 2017
    Brass General
    Feather Pro Super
    CH 2 LE Jade Synthetic
    Route 66 Bay Lime Twist
    Folsom & Co Capri

[​IMG]

A fantastic shave this morning. As anticipated the CH2 Synthetic aka "The Soap Destroyer" lived up to its name and destroyed the remainder of the Route 66 Bay Lime Twist. The performance of the soap was excellent and I really enjoyed the scent. I went with 3 passes paying attention and skin stretching left me with a near perfect shave. I really can't ask for better on a work morning. A splash of F&C Capri and I am off to fight the morning commute. I hope everyone has a great Thursday.

20. PLAla

Thanks, Clint. I really like Sandpiper. It's a clone of Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit de L'Homme. I've never used that cologne but it's a really nice scent. Road and Mandy from Stirling describe it as: This scent has top notes of Cardamom, middle notes of Bergamot, Cedar, and Lavender, and base notes of Vetiver and Caraway. It's sophisticated and crisp and very masculine. I would agree.