Shannon's Soaps

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Badgerstate, May 14, 2017.

1. Badgerstate

Badgerstate Well-Known Member

Hello all, recently I tried some Shannon's Soaps and wanted to share my experience with them. As you may or may not know, Shannon's is an artisan soap maker based in Cleveland and being that I live in Ohio, I wanted to try some Ohio artisan soap makers.
    The one that I tried was called, "Silk Pajamas" (although she has pretty much all of the classic, manly scents that most offer) and it is like its name: its a very clean scent.
    The soap is kind of soft, so I dont think you really need to bloom it and its very easy to lather and provides you plenty of lather in your brush.
    The slickness is very good, probably a 6 or 7 out of 10 and the cushion is good too, probably a 5 out of 10. All in all, its a good one and I will probably continue to buy from them. I may try blooming it next time to see how that works out.

2. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I'm so ashamed of how ignorant I am. I thought she was from the UK. :ashamed001:

3. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I'm not a fan of Shannon's soap, it lacks in all categories.

4. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

I like Shannons soaps, especially their Haymarket Vetiver which is one of the best vetiver scents I have come across. The lather is a bit different than most, but have had great success with their products.

crackstar likes this.
  5. Badgerstate

Well, as they say, YMMV.

RaZorBurn123 and crackstar like this.
  6. RaZorBurn123

Absolutely. That's one of the great things about this hobby. :)

7. RaZorBurn123

In all fairness I haven't used Shannon's soap in over two years, so I'm sure things have changed for the good.

8. Oasisdave

Oasisdave Active Member; radioactive

I have Silk Pajamas, Woodlands, and Forest City Fern from the Rust Belt line and they are all top notch in scent and performance. Highly recommended

9. Mike Brown

Mike Brown Well-Known Member

I have nine Shannon's soaps. I really enjoyed talking to them at the Maggards meet this past week.

10. celestino

celestino Friendly Neighborhood Wetshaver

This soap is excellent.

11. Badgerstate

My only gripe about the soap is the lack of cushion. I like soaps that give you a nice, thick cushion and this stuff doesnt. At first, I thought maybe it was my new WSP brush that I got but I tried a different soap today that Ive used in the past and that I know makes lots of lather and I got way more lather, so Im thinking maybe just the Shannons doesnt build tons of lather.