Shark DE Blades

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by jarmandc, Jul 6, 2011.

1. jarmandc

jarmandc Member

I got some Shark blades with my Parker 99R safety razor. I must say, I really liked them (although my only previous experience being the Wilkinson Sword blades from Walmart.) I get these tucks of 5 at my barber shop for $1 a piece. But the last two times, the razors came in a slightly different packaging.

The tuck and label looks exactly the same, but the wrapper on the blade is thicker and non-transparent (the old wrappers were thinner and more waxy.) Also, it felt as if the blades were thicker or harder (could just be in my mind).

Anyway, it seems like these blades nick me up more and tug more than the other Sharks I've used, but they're supposedly the same. Anyone have any information on this or know why that could be?

2. I would like to use these blades a day, have a good appointment among the fans of the double edge ...

3. jcwit

jcwit Member

Which Sharks are we discussing? There are two types, Shark Super Chrome and Shark Super Stainless. Altho some folks claim they shave the same. I've got 300 Shark Stainless coming from BestShave for $23.00 w/ free shipping. Already know I like them.

4. tomnat

tomnat accepting applications

I received a pack of Shark Super Chromes in a sample bundle I bought and I didn't like them with my Parker 82R at all. Since then I have acquired a few other razors and recently gave the Sharks another try in my SS as well as my Futur and I got great shaves with them. I attribute the fact that I didn't like them to the Parker being my first razor and being a little aggressive and my technique was bad. As far as them changing anything with the blade, I don't know. I haven't noticed anything, but I haven't bought any in a while.

5. Copernicus

Copernicus New Member

I love the Sharks in my Parker 99r but they are useless in my 62 Adjustable. I will say that I can never get 5 shaves out of one of the Sharks. I usually start to get some tugging during shave #4

6. Sodapopjones

Sodapopjones Well-Known Member

The only blades I ever had rust on me, I hate Sharks...

Rapira is much better and 10 cents a blade now.

7. jcwit

jcwit Member

Have used both Sharks within the last couple of months, and have yet to see any rust. But I also remove my blade after every shave and dry it and also give the razor a shot or 2 of Comet shower cleaner to remove any soap scum/whiskers.