Shave Den soap - Mocha

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by soulshine, Jul 31, 2008.

1. soulshine

soulshine Flower Power

Gents,

A small word on the mocha JoAnna was kind enough to make up for me. I will not carry on with how great I think her soaps are but this morning the compliment came from my wife. While whipping up some lather with the mocha shave soap this morning my wife mentioned, "When was the last time you drank coffee? It smells good, make me a cup too." I told her it was my shave soap and she was shocked! She hurried over to my small bathroom just to confirm what I was doing. She could not believe how good it smelled.

2. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
  3. -PO-

-PO- New Member

:happy102:happy102:happy102:happy102:happy102:happy102 Wow that must be some strong dark mocha :D

4. soapbuddy

soapbuddy Mistress of Lather

Great job JoAnna! :happy088

5. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

that's great :rofl :rofl :rofl

My TSD "coffee" soap tends to have the same effect :D

6. freebird

freebird Active Member

I'm a sucker for the aroma of coffee. I didn't see this one listed though. Is it special order or??????

7. Hi there,
    Yep.........JoAnna is nice enough try and concoct.........I mean 'create' anything you might think of.....within reason of course. It's actually a really nice service that not all soapmakers will provide.
    Last year I'd asked her for one of my favorite ice cream flavors to somehow be made into a shaving cream scent. Well, she tried suggesting another fragrance, but I was stubborn...........thought I knew what I wanted.
    She reluctantly made up a pint.............I meant 'tub', and sent that out to me. JoAnna turned out to be right..........'Rocky Road' was a bad idea. The nuts were ok, since she nicely ground em to about the size in crunchy peanut butter (thank you JoAnna), and they DID add some interesting texture to the cream. No, the problem was those tiny little marshmallows. They'd gum up my razor too much..........the gooeyness factor was high.
    It did smell (but not taste) very similar to that favorite flavor of mine, but JoAnna WAS smart to try and talk me out of that. Next time I'll listen to the Boss. Well, at least my 'healthy' curiosity's been satisfied.
    Martin

Oh......there was a small amount of sarcasm in parts of the post, although it may be difficult to pick out.

8. freebird

freebird Active Member

LOL that's ok,Rocky Road might be good for a facial, I know honey and oatmeal is good for such things.(beauty school training,had to make our own facial mixtures and use them on each other lol. The honey was really sticky and hard to get off btw. I'll have to contact her and see what she can whip up for me. Thanks for the info!

9. Queen of Blades

:happy097

You didn't tell them about your waffle cone shaving brush you had specially made! :laugh042

10. Queen of Blades

It use to be listed, but I ran out of Coffee EO, and nobody seemed too interested in the scent.

11. freebird

freebird Active Member

That's a shame. May have to wait until the guys who do like Coffee scented soap runs out so we can get a large enough order together.

12. soapbuddy

I remember the beauty school training very well. I still have my license.

13. freebird

freebird Active Member

Hope your training was better than mine rofl
    Oh the stories I could tell if it weren't for the statute of limitations not having ran out yet.

14. soapbuddy

Well I was young then and we had fun. :)
    I think all of us in this profession have stories to tell.:laugh042