Shave Den Sunday

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Douglas Carey, Aug 24, 2015.

1. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Thinking of starting a thread that has members using their Shave Den products on Sunday. I would like to get some feed back from members? There may be other items that pertain to The Shave Den that could be included. Reviews of Shave Den Products, and/or thing you would like to see.
    Here is yesterdays shave.
    8 23 15.jpg

2. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I'd probably use just the after-shave and shave cream. One of these days I will have to look and see what TSD has.

3. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    That is a nice idea.

4. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

TSD has a wide variety of products. The ones I've tried have been very good and of high quality .

5. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Awesome idea!

6. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Thank you for your Support!

Rufus T. and Bama Samurai like this.
  7. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

One thing I would like to see from TSD store is the opportunity to purchase after shave in glass bottles.

8. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

08/30/2015
    Razor – Wolfman OC with Triad Helix SS
    Blade – Feather (3)
    Brush – Zenith Boar
    Lather – TSD Yin Yang
    Post - Witch Hazel & Fine L’Orange

[​IMG]

@Douglas Carey Thank you for starting this thread. TSD soaps are top performers for sure and the number of available combination seems endless.

preidy, ilts, wristwatchb and 6 others like this.
  9. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

this is a great idea! I love the few TSD soaps I have and have heard great things about all other TSD products.

10. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

Great idea Doug, I'm in!

11. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Thanks @Rufus T.

Queen of Blades and Bama Samurai like this.
  12. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

August 30, 2015

Shave Den Sunday
    8-30-15.JPG
    Hot Shower, Mid-Day Shave
    Soap: TSD Unscented
    Brush: Omega Pro 48
    Razor: Gillette Tech “Fat Handle”
    Blade: Gillette 7 O’clock Blue (1)
    TSD Witch Hazel
    Aftershave Milk: TSD Uncented
    After Shave: TSD Ying Yang (last minute substitute for ISZ)

Oh my!
    It’s been a month since I “graduated” from my two-month intro to wetshaving. For two months I did a Rule and a Focus just with a Tech - to introduce myself to traditional shaving and build up my DE technique after a lifetime of carts.

I then “moved up” to different DE razors, the past month I compared adjustables - a Slim and Fatboy.

Now perhaps I should spend a month or so with each of them, just to be fair. But today’s shave was like being united with an old friend. It was just so smooth and comfortable - like we had never parted - and got right back into the grove we had last settled into.

It was a fantastic shave! Two passes on a two-day growth. The blade/razor just hummed a soft tune throughout - as good as any shave I’ve had in three+ months of shaving - just phenomenal!

TSD products were great as well. Most of my TSD product use has been aftershave and milk samples which I love the quality, as I move through to find my favorite scents. Yin Yang is at the top of the list so far - a wonderfull citrus, lime scent with lavender.

My first use of the soap - its a lather monster! Just an initial brush load, a little water and BOOM - lather explosion!

A great Sunday drive! Big thanks again to @Douglas Carey for bringing this thread! Thanks Doug!

Cheers!
    RT

Last edited: Aug 30, 2015
    GatorJoe, preidy, wristwatchb and 7 others like this.
  13. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Thanks for your post and a review of TSD products. I will have to order what you reviewed.

14. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

The Yin Yang is a fantastic scent.

15. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

SHAVE DEN SUNDAY

Razor: Gillette Slim (1965)(7)
    Blade: Gillette Platinum (7)
    Brush: Whipped Dog Silver Tip Badger, Olivewood Handle (24/67)
    Soap: The Shave Den Coconut
    A/S: The Shave Den Coconut

This soap is quick to build into an excellent lather. I like that there is enough room from the top of the soap to the top of the container to build your lather without spreading it all over the counter top. The combination of the Coconut Soap and After Shave is an outstanding combination. I hope to have an order of new soaps and A/S next week. Right @Queen of Blades. ;)
    8 30 15.jpg

wristwatchb, Joef, mrchick and 7 others like this.
  16. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Last edited: Aug 30, 2015
    crackstar, GatorJoe, preidy and 10 others like this.
  17. hippiebrian

hippiebrian Well-Known Member

This is is a great idea, and I'very been using TSD soaps most of the time lately. Time to get some aftershaves and catch up!

Today it was orange soap with 2x menthol, a great scent to wake up to! Like I'very found out with other TSD soaps, the scent is strong enough to be enjoyed throughout the shave but not overpowering, while the 2x menthol is just right.

mrchick, clint64, Norcalnewb and 4 others like this.
  18. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

09/06/2015
    Razor – Mongoose B2 with Jürgen Hempel Ti
    Blade – Feather Pro (2)
    Brush – Rubberset 400-4 with TGN HMW aka “Ocho”
    Lather – TSD Yin Yang
    Post - Witch Hazel and Fine L’Orange

[​IMG]

19. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Razor: Valet Auto Strop/ Red Tip(6) Feather blade)
    Blade: Feather (2)
    Brush: Frendrihen Silver Tip Badger Faux Black Ebony Handle 22/49
    Soap: TSD Coconut
    A/S: TSD Coconut
    Another very good shave this evening with the Valet and 2 passes. Cleanup with the Red Tip, which doesn't feel very aggressive after using the Valet. ;)
    The pleasant smell of Coconut from TSD soap followed by the same with TSD A/S Coconut aftershave.
    9 6 15a.jpg

Last edited: Sep 6, 2015
    Sir.$-Mad, GatorJoe, preidy and 10 others like this.
  20. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

image.jpg

Shave Den Sunday September 6:

Homemade PS Oil
    Stirling Synthetic Brush
    TSD Lanolin Egyptian Spice
    Injector Type G
    Stirling Unscented PSB
    Clubman Vanilla AS