Shave dens?

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by GoldenHandTheJust, Jan 2, 2018.

1. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Well said!

Spyder, Bama Samurai and dustmite like this.
  2. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    My answer to the OP is simple: Because I want to. Period.

3. RyX

RyX DoH!

I've seen your AS/cologne collection, but only one bottle at a time. It is to be envied. ;)
    There's a term tossed around, Enabler. I can't blame others for the gear I have collected. Should someone mention they are curious about a product it's natural to share if I've had experience with it. I will continue to pass a starter set to an interested cartridge shaver, therefore I'm happy to enable someone to find the fun I'm enjoying.
    Quite a while back I recall a TSD member, might have been @whiteboy_cannon, ask the same question as the OP. He was a one soap/ brush/ razor/ AS guy then. He's recently back from a sabbatical and posting here again. I'm curious if his perspective started like @GoldenHandTheJust expressed.

brit, RaZorBurn123, mrchick and 2 others like this.
  4. I get it now. Books to me are what shaving gear is to you. I love to read and buy books, just like you guys love to collect and use shaving gear.

brit, Jorvaljr, RaZorBurn123 and 5 others like this.
  5. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

Some of us go through phases. Typically start with one brush, one razor, one “ you name it”. Then we see all the goodies used by other forum members and hear “ this gizmo razor is absolutely the bestest” so we acquire one, the another this and that. Before you know it; we have garnered a fair amount of hardware and software.
    Some stop there, some keep going, some stat minimizing their collection. And some ( like myself) change direction. No right, no wrong, just different. It’s that diversity what makes this such a great place:)

brit, RaZorBurn123, mrchick and 2 others like this.
  6. TobyC

TobyC Well-Known Member

I don't display anything either, there is nothing visible anywhere in my home that is shaving related, not even in the bathroom.

brit, Spyder, Keithmax and 2 others like this.
  7. Dansco

Dansco Well-Known Member

Nope, mines in a box high up in my wardrobe away from my boy

brit, RyX, Spyder and 1 other person like this.
  8. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Me too, and I am a cinephile as well...Oy weh! :D

brit and Spyder like this.
  9. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Yup. This exactly.

brit, dustmite and Spyder like this.
  10. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Indeed.

Spyder likes this.
  11. LuvWetShavin

LuvWetShavin Well-Known Member

PicsArt_12-29-10.21.52.jpg

I love my basement shave cave!​

12. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

RyX likes this.
  13. Harry Lime

Harry Lime Member

Love the Buckeye towels O- H-

Anyway, I started with just the necessaries: one each. Shaved that way for years, then came the internets and I find myself searching for the "perfect razor". The end all be all. I doubt I will find it, now have about 15 razors, 6 brushes, 10-15 different soaps and 20-30 aftershaves. I don't display any of it (in a cupboard or drawer), except what I use that day on the sink.

GatorJoe, Keithmax and Spyder like this.
  14. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    15 razors. That is a start. I did an inventory a couple of months ago. I have over 100 razors: SE, DE, injectors, and straights. Now, get out there and find that perfect razor.

RyX, Edison Carter and Spyder like this.
  15. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I am just slightly above the minimalist category. I bought a few razors because I wanted to try them. A few (maybe 5) are collectibles and 2 are the ones I really use- one at home and one in my travel kit. I stick to one soap-the stuff I make- a few Pre-shave oils, for a little variety of scent. I do have 4 brushes, because I like the different styles of brush handles.

But I get the collectors. I collect cartoon art and I’ve got a museum’s worth on my walls.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
    Keithmax likes this.
  16. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

How did I miss this post, :signs021::signs021::signs021:

RyX likes this.
  17. brit

brit in a box

18. Briscoe

Briscoe Well-Known Member

I love your basement shave cave too, well done !

brit likes this.
  19. brit

brit in a box

after 30 plus years of miserable shaves i found de shaving and this forum.since then my face and i have loved it. i don t spend alot on anything,my kids are happy healthy adults with there own lives,i don t travel etc.
    i do collect vintage model kits/cars, british post war memorabilia, and use/ build/enjoy them. vintage gillettes de razors are a new passion. i love and use them all,some more than others,the ones i don t use go to my friends. 2 of which now use de instead of carts.do i need them .no.life is short,tick the boxes while you can.enjoy....

Keithmax and RyX like this.
  20. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Cause I have always been a collector of shiny baubles. Shaving stuff is cheaper than guns, motorcycles, coins, and other various things I’ve been bit by over the years. Plus I use the stuff every day, which isn’t common with most collectibles, where you know they are in a drawer or locked up in a safe somewhere, but you don’t see everyday.

I think the question is, are you a shaver or a hobbyist? Either way is good around here.