Shave Soap Advice

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by jbcohen, Nov 29, 2007.

1. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

I have been using Crabtree and Evelyn's Sandlewood soap for some time now and it does an excllent job on me. Someting has been a bit missing, a little scent. Unfortunately my area does not have much in terms of soaps. But we do have Crabtree and Evelyn. Which of the Crabtree and Evelyn products do you personally recommend.

2. jnich67

jnich67 Member

I really like both the Nomad and Siena. If I had to choose one, I'd probably go with the Nomad soap. For $10-$12 for a refill puck, its a decent value.

Jordan

PS. You may also want to try Colleen's soaps at The Gentleman's Quarter (her site is up now) http://www.thegentlemensquarter.com/. These are great products made by an artisan at very reasonable prices.

3. mantic

mantic U TOOB

I'm a huge fan of the :1respect Sienna shave soap. I get consistantly great shaves from it.

--Mark

4. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

Does nomad and sienna have more of a scent then the sandelwood? I have understood from other shave den members that sandlewood soap is moung the best quality soaps made today.

5. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

6. Scorpio

Scorpio Big Hitter

I use Sienna. I don't know that I would put the Sandalwood amongst the best soaps. C&E makes good soaps at a decent price.

Raf

7. Padron

Padron Active Member

My C&E Sandalwood has a great fragrance and it's pretty strong....perhaps you have an old puck?

I recently aquired some Nomad soap ( thanks Chris!! ) it also has a great scent that I like very much..

Great soaps, not the most moisturizing for me :( Great scents though :D

8. Will

Will Nevermind

Wow, talk bout YMMV

Crabtree and Evelyn...........SMELL BAAAAAAD!

IMHO, YADA YADA YADA.

9. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

I'm going to agree with that one.. none of them do it for me at all.

Their facial wash is nice though.. because it is unscented :D

10. sysiphus

sysiphus Member

Say it with me: VETIVER!! :1respect: ::

11. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Yes, C&E is a YMMV and IMHO all the way. Love all the scents and a lot of people hate them.

12. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

I have come to the opinion that scents and me do not do to well together. I can't seem to maintain a cologne scent for more than four to five hours. I do not think that it is the soap, just something about me that abhords a scent.

13. Will

Will Nevermind

Soap and cream scents should go away shortly after washing them off and adding aftershave. They are not their to linger.

5 hours is also the life expectancy of most EdT(C).

14. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

Hence the importance to re-apply Cologne if you have a hot date. :D

15. Austin

Austin Member

C&E Sandalwood does not produce as much lather as AOS. The shave are about average.

16. msandoval858

msandoval858 Active Member

C&E soaps aren't bad. Of all their offerings, I prefer the Sweet Almond Oil soap. Sienna, Nomad, and Sandalwood are pretty much the same, just different scent.

17. michaelskar

michaelskar New Member

I have the nomad soap and the Sweet almond oil cream. I find the nomad soap performs very well, but the fragrance is one that I have to be in the mood for to use. It smells to me a bit like some modern cologne fragrances...again, not bad butI have to be in the mood.

I like the SAO scent, but I have heard that the soap doesn't perform as well as the cream (or the other C&E soaps)...having not tried it personally, though, take this with a huge grain of salt.

18. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

I have soaps and creams in all the C&E scents. The soaps and creams perform equally well but I tend to favor the soap when using a str8 and the cream for DE. Personal preference only.

19. jramire2

jramire2 Member

I wouldn't limit yourself only to soaps that are available locally. There is a whole sea of high quality products right at your fingertips.

And, IMO, if you prefer soaps but are looking for something w/a bit more of a "kick" in the scent dept, I'd definitely recommend you pick up some glycerin based soaps. They, generally, tend to have a stronger scent than triple mills like C&E.

20. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

Thanks for the advice but I have found the troubble. It seems that I can't smell the scent on myself, but others can quite clearly. I understand what the problem is now. Thanks for the help.