Shave Soap Recipes for Duck Fat

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Michael_W, May 7, 2018.

1. Michael_W

Michael_W Well-Known Member

I have a jar of duck fat that I'm not using and a bottle each of castor and almond oil for skin care. I would like to experiment with making shave soap with this but am having trouble finding recipes online. Does anyone have any suggestions?

RyX likes this.
  2. Shadow Shaver

Shadow Shaver Well-Known Member

I'm not too familiar with duck fat soaps but I know that Grooming Department had some. Maybe contact him for ideas.

Michael_W likes this.
  3. Michael_W

Michael_W Well-Known Member

Does he have an account here?

4. Shadow Shaver

Shadow Shaver Well-Known Member

Sorry, I should have been more clear. The Grooming Department is a popular line of soap. He sells out within minutes of posting new batches and gets pretty good reviews. Based on @BaylorGator review I acquired one and liked it.

5. americanshamrock

americanshamrock Let's Make a Deal! Staff Member

I'd start by searching here for a shave soap recipe**, I'd doubt you'll find a duck fat recipe but you can find one that you can use as a starting point. Then play around with the calculator to see what proportions to change/ what ingredients to add/ etc to account for the different fat type. Good luck!

**ETA there isn't a search function but you could google (or duckduckgo :)) something like soapee shaving soap recipe

Last edited: May 9, 2018
    Michael_W likes this.