shave with Williams Mug shave soap

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by wchnu, Mar 24, 2017.

1. SpeedyPC

SpeedyPC Well-Known Member

:happy088:

2. Christopher Powell

Christopher Powell Well-Known Member

I find that the best way to lather Williams is to bloom it while showering and use a boar brush or a brush with a strong backbone.

BamaT, Jim99 and wchnu like this.
  3. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I will be doing so...matching it with Aqua Velva(among others, I suppose, but the Williams soap guys recommend the Williams/AV combo.)

Jim99 likes this.
  4. '65 G-Slim

'65 G-Slim Well-Known Member

I've taken to adding a bit of water to the puck, dipping a wet brush about an inch into some Clubman cream, then lathering up. Works for me...makes the lather slicker & keeps it moist longer.

Jim99 likes this.
  5. Paul Turner

With my first try at Williams soap, I just had the Burma Shave brush. Will be interesting to see what happens now that I have 2 additional-the Jayaruh 59 and a WSP(et Shaving Products)Pure Badger.

Jim99 likes this.
  6. ninjack

ninjack Well-Known Member

Love William's shave soap. It's the first soap I think of when I think of wet shaving. I can remember seeing it as a kid. When I first tried it I couldn't get it to work at all. After watching a video or reading about soaking the puck I tried it again and have stuck with it since. I use it more than anything else. I seem to get good shaves when I use it. I also like the clean scent of it. I also have a Burma Shave brush I like to use with the Williams. Good stuff IMO.

Christopher Powell likes this.
  7. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

I am sure that's the case here in CO. I wish it would work here, but the lather collapses no matter the method.

8. Paul Turner

Vintage with vintage.......worx for me :)

ninjack and wchnu like this.
  9. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

My signature shave uses both. It's the perfect match.

We call that molesting the Williams around the hutch. There are laws and stuff.

You just made Fuzzy's crimma card list. A plain ole VDH boar brush rocks the Williams too. Keep up the good work.

You need to move. Just saying......

ninjack likes this.
  10. Bama Samurai

Working on it.

ninjack likes this.
  11. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

The original burma shave was a brushless cream. (If I remember correctly) I am glad it changed in later years.

12. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Good man. Carry on!

Bama Samurai likes this.
  13. SpeedyPC

Use a boar brush with Williams it works better that way, because Williams LOVES stiffer brushes.

ninjack, Bama Samurai and RetLEO-07 like this.
  14. Bama Samurai

Apologies, my comment was confusing. I live near Henderson Colorado USA. All of our water in Colorado comes from the sky. My water is filtered through 60 miles of Rocky Mountain rocks of all sort, and has an exceedingly high mineral content. It doesn't play well with Williams. For you though, I will try and get some and lather it with distilled water and use my Omega boar. Should be fun.

In my heart, I am planning to move to the southern US, where I was born. The water where I am from is so soft that the area gave rise to whiskey distillers, outlaw and law abiding. You know the good guys today as Jack Daniel's. I grew up on the other side of those hills, about 38 miles in a straight line to where the distillery is located. The area has many natural artesian wells with pristine drinking water.

15. SpeedyPC

Well since your planning to move to southern US, where you were born. Then you own me two 1 litre bottles of Jack Daniel's :happy088:.................Thanks pal your a legend:eatdrink047::happy088:

16. Bama Samurai

Since the common size is the iconic square bottle (must have this version) it will be three 750ml instead, cool?

SpeedyPC likes this.
  17. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Free Jack. Ummmmmm where does that line start?

18. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

:signs011:

Bama Samurai likes this.
  19. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Williams is THE GREATEST!!!!
    I remember when I was a kid, I had a hard time getting it to give me a thick, slippery lather....
    Fast-forward til a few years ago, I rediscovered some...and it wasn't a thing....It just lathered great!
    Perfect even! And Williams is always consistant for me...I'm with the Fuzz-man....if the water ain't working, I'm moving....:happy102:

BlaydRunner, Bama Samurai and Jim99 like this.
  20. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Good man.

Has anyone with bad water tried to grate the Williams into a bowl? I have heard it said that grating it will help sometimes with people that can not get it to lather.

Bama Samurai and SpeedyPC like this.