shave with Williams Mug shave soap

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by wchnu, Mar 24, 2017.

1. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

It works. The BBQ brush is a must too.

AGHisBBS and MR41 like this.
  2. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

3. rbilly

rbilly Well-Known Member

Does anyone have experience with williams delux, just saw it for the first time but have never heard about it, a buddy of mine has 2, i offered to trade him an Muhle r41 for it but he wants to keep it, cant blame him since its not made anymore, but now i will have to search it out. Is it the same scent? Does it perform any different?

Last edited: May 11, 2018
  4. rbilly

rbilly Well-Known Member

20180512_133436.jpg todays williams shave was brought to you by pol silver and florida water. This was a perfect warm morning shave.

MR41, AGHisBBS, chevyguy and 2 others like this.
  5. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

If I have it right that was a box that was mostly blue. A pic would be nice. It is vintage formula which is different from modern.

Williams and a big ole boar....awesome!!

Jim99 and Frijolero like this.
  6. rbilly

rbilly Well-Known Member

Yea it was in a blue box, i guess it had a rose scent, but most of the scent in the still existing nos has faded. As far as i can tell by what limited info thats on the web is that its the same as old formula williams but with the dufferent scent.

Jim99, AGHisBBS and Frijolero like this.
  7. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Ahhh the elusive Rose scent. I am going to attempt to make a rose sented williams here soon. Either rescent a cake...or make another shave stick.

Jim99, Frijolero and Primotenore like this.
  8. rbilly

rbilly Well-Known Member

images.jpg
    this is the one like my friend had.

Jim99, AGHisBBS and Frijolero like this.
  9. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Luxury... Cool. I think @twhite found one awhile back. I fo not know if he has tried it out. It sometimes shows up on the bay.

Frijolero likes this.
  10. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Pardon the interruption, but wouldn't that be considered "molestation"? :signs002:

AGHisBBS, Frijolero and Edison Carter like this.
  11. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

:lyrtuy5::signs081::taunt002::rofl:

AGHisBBS, Frijolero and Primotenore like this.
  12. chevyguy

chevyguy Well-Known Member

I consider it a restoration because it did come rose scented.

Clayton

Sent from my LG-K450 using Tapatalk

Frijolero, AGHisBBS and Edison Carter like this.
  13. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Nahh. The willians came as a rose scent. Adding scent to a soap is not molesting. Even if not a normal scent. I also put a few drops of old spice on top sometimes.

14. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

No oops here Blooming boy. Molesting is adding soaps or creams to change the lather. Adding scent is not molesting...

15. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

5C83D3F8-341B-484A-9B2B-E366208FC788.jpeg

Jim99 likes this.
  16. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Williame and Osage....yesssss indeeesdd.

I will see that and raise you vintage Williams with a horse brush and The Veg. Notice there is no blooming in the scuttle.....just saying.

[​IMG]

Jim99, Keithmax and MR41 like this.
  17. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

Yeah buddy. I am not chosen; I wanted to be , but I am not. Good look’n setup though!

18. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Really great shave. That is my favorite 1912 too. A bakelite handle G3 model. Well the shipper says Model G3.

19. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

I haven’t decided what my favorite shave is yet; a Gem push button and a Schick tto & the blue tip are way up there. Soaps/ creams are all over the page. I think Williams might replace Arko for me though which I never thought would happen.

wchnu likes this.
  20. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member