Shaving Cream Alchemy

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by The Wizard, Jan 12, 2017.

1. The Wizard

The Wizard Active Member

Does anyone else experiment with blending different creams together to get a different unique scent?

I do this with some of my creams and have had some interesting results. Truffit & Hill 1805 with Mr Taylors to get a nice unique cologne scent. Peppermint with Avacado for a fresh cooling fern like scent with a tingle of minty freshness for daytime use. Cedarwood with Grapefruit makes a nice rich woody base scent with a citrus top note.

Anyone else do this and if so, what are your suggestions?

RyX, Keithmax, Carbide Mike and 3 others like this.
  2. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

From one Wizard to another, it can be fun to experiment and mix products together. It can enhance the performance or scent and usually works out well.

A good mix is a shot of Godrej Menthol cream to whatever scent, ( sandalwood or tobacco worked well) it adds a nice menthol blast and can round out some of the darker scents.

The Wizard, Carbide Mike and Demidog like this.
  3. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

When I mix, it's more aftershave than creams. I do, however, add some Kids My Face shave creams to my lathers, though it is more for consistency than scent.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

PLANofMAN and Carbide Mike like this.
  4. lightcs1776

lightcs1776 Well-Known Member

I've tried adding TOBS to melted COL Conk's, mainly to enhance the scent. The soap was better than Conk's alone, but I think TOBS is better by itself.

Sent via mobile - Chris

Carbide Mike likes this.
  5. The Wizard

The Wizard Active Member

I've always wanted to try a tobacco scented cream as I quite like woody earthy or smokey scents and I can imagine it being something that I'd really like. Can you recommend me a good one to try.

Thanks!

SHAVEWIZARD420 likes this.
  6. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Many "tobacco" scented shaving products are scented with tobacco flowers, which, while pleasant smelling, are not what I would call "tobacco scented."

If you are not averse to experimenting, you can add tobacco absolute extract to an unscented shaving cream to create your own tobacco shave cream.

RyX likes this.
  7. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

I don't think I have tried a Tobacco cream, but many great soap options, and as mentioned, different Tobacco scent types. Some dark cured Tobacco scents are CB Connecticut Shade, SRD Opus X, MW Sweet Briar

fresh Tobacco flower types are: TFS Tobacco Verde, MLS Grand Havana, Razorock ZP

PLANofMAN likes this.
  8. The Wizard

The Wizard Active Member

I was looking to buy or create something that was not too dissimilar to the smell of leather or an unlit cigar. If tobocco flowers don't smell like tobacco then have you any other suggestions?