shaving every day?

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by brit, Jan 18, 2017.

1. Fly2High

Fly2High Breaking Frugal

Italian... nuff said.
    Daily shaver.

brit likes this.
  2. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

:happy097:

brit likes this.
  3. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

Since I retired this last year - I have gone from daily to three times a week. Unless some social engagement requires me to be presentable. I feel I actually get a better shave with a two day stubble. I tend to shave in the afternoon and take my time by soaking my face with a hot wet towel first and then usually a three pass shave.

4. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Seems perfectly logical to me.

I would think that after several decades of required daily shaves, not always in the best of conditions, it would be most enjoyable to do it on your own terms: when you want, how you want and with what you want.

brit, Col C and RetLEO-07 like this.
  5. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

That it is! Not to sound too selfish - but at this stage of my life - I'm ready for some "me time". Wet shaving is a large part of that.

brit and RetLEO-07 like this.
  6. Zykris

Zykris Well-Known Member

I say go with what you enjoy and your skin can tolerate. Every other day is my set preference.

brit likes this.
  7. Cody Gearhart

Cody Gearhart Member

I shave every 2 days. I cannot shave everyday as I do not have enough growth for it. My beard grows significantly slow. Sometimes I will skip 2 days and shave on the 3rd day. Sometimes longer. Just depends. I do want to shave everyday and would love to shave every day but my genetics will not allow me to do so. It just depends like as said above, on what your tolerances are and what type of growth that you have. I hope this helps you put things into perspective.

8. COMPNOR

COMPNOR Well-Known Member

I have to shave everyday for work, so I wet shave like every other night, and on the morning of the wet shave I'll use an electric razor to make a passable shave to get me through the day. I tried wet DE shaving everyday, but my face just didn't like it. I might try it again though.

9. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

When I was newly converted, I also struggled to comfortably shave everyday. Maybe just try two passes, one WTG then one ATG every day, no more no less. Forget about any results other visual (looks clean shaven=clean shaven), and focus on shaving precisely, and in a replicable pattern each time. The results will improve as you gravitate to your best techniques.

10. COMPNOR

COMPNOR Well-Known Member

My OCD won't allow me. If I can feel it, it must go! Which is rather funny because I can tolerate a terrible shave from the electric, but not from a DE. I was trying two passes, though XTG and ATG. And then touchups. I might give it a go again this trip, and see what happens.

Bama Samurai likes this.
  11. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

That was my issue early on as well. Focusing on process rather than outcome is a real suggestion! It just takes repetition. You'll be daily with a real razor soon enough. It will just happen. Hang in there.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
    RyX likes this.
  12. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

Your skin will get used to it in time. I can't compare (never shaved another way) but I was told that wet shaving is actually most healthy for your skin in the long run.

13. jsw41

jsw41 Member

That is too bad for you, unless you are proficient already. I am always learning how to perfect my technique and I am glad to be able to shave every day as practice, practice makes perfect.

RetLEO-07 likes this.
  14. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

:signs011:

15. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

I do three times a week and that works well. Plus - I just read an article that women prefer men with a 2 or 3 day growth of beard.

16. brit

brit in a box

still working on daily,but every second day is way more comfortable than before .face is adapting .thank you all again for your input and advice.

17. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

Well, my wife does not.

Col C likes this.
  18. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Neither does mine. I don't care what all the others think.

But that's me.

jsw41 and Eeyore like this.
  19. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

I think the article was talking about millennial women. But I'm not going down this road any further.

Bama Samurai and brit like this.
  20. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

;)

Bama Samurai and brit like this.