Shaving twice a day

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by DentonMajik, Nov 30, 2016.

1. DentonMajik

DentonMajik Well-Known Member

Just curious if anyone shaves twice a day?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

2. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

I do every once in awhile. I did yesterday

3. Edwin Jagger Loyalist

Edwin Jagger Loyalist Active Member

I do it sometimes but I personally don't think it's a good habit to get into. Once a day seems fine for being presentable.

4. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    I do, from time to time. I usually shave in the afternoon, after work. Sometimes I will also shave in the morning.

5. Mike Powell

Mike Powell Active Member

I do when I get new stuff in that I am really excited about and cant wait the few hours till the next day, then I will shave again the next morning

Edwin Jagger Loyalist likes this.
  6. Matt0210

Matt0210 Well-Known Member

I know some guys do it but it seems like overkill to me. Just me though. Once a day is good enough.

Carbide Mike likes this.
  7. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Air Force Basic Training, September, 1980, final inspection in full dress blues scheduled for 1300.
    Shaved that morning.
    Shaved again right after lunch; gotta make sure I pass inspection.
    Inspection postponed to 1630.
    Shaved again right before inspection - I was NOT going to get "recycled" (sent back to re-do several weeks of training) because of a few stray wiskers!
    Severe razor burn.
    Haven't shaved more than once per day since.

8. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Same for me.

PLANofMAN and Carbide Mike like this.
  9. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
  10. BigMike

BigMike Well-Known Member

An evening shave on occasion feels great. One shave a day in the morning is usually all I need though. When I do shave twice the second and third shaves are easier.

PickledNorthern likes this.
  11. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

When I shave I do at least 4 passes WTG, XTG x2 and ATG and buffing at times. I like to give my face (skin) a break and usually shave every second day for that reason unless I have an event the skip day then I'll shave but never twice a day.

IDuck and PickledNorthern like this.
  12. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

I usually shave every day, sometimes skipping a day every so often. But I have done a second shave a few times, for no reason really, just because I felt like it.

13. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

Let me clarify why I've done it. Sometimes the next day I need to get going earlier than I normally would and won't have time to shave that morning. So if I already shaved that morning and I know I won't be able to the next morning I will do an evening shave

14. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I've done it on rare occasions.

15. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

If I have a very early morning shave (4:00am-ish), I will, on occasion, have an evening shave.

16. Mike Powell

Mike Powell Active Member

Ha, I remember those days. I remember shaving like that in the 5th week when they were all over your butt, and the few days up to and including town pass, so they wouldn't take time away.

swarden43 likes this.
  17. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

I've got 5 o'clock shadow(you can see my ugly mug in the "what do ya look like" thread) . Was always getting gigged in the Police Academy at afternoon inspection. I took the demerits 'cause I refused to shave twice a day.

Matt0210 likes this.
  18. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

No. It now takes me approx 36 hours before it looks bad enough to need to again. Beard growth has slowed with thyroid dysfunction, I think. Used to be about 24 hours, and that was after a BBS.

Carbide Mike likes this.
  19. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

If I have a social engagement in the evening I will do a second shave.

Carbide Mike likes this.
  20. IDuck

IDuck Well-Known Member

I dont even shave every day.