Shaving with a slant or any other that shaves close

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by tuxxdk, Jan 21, 2014.

1. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

And maybe someday it will be. Just hang in there.
    I know when I first started using SE razors I was unable to go more than two days in a row. If I tried a third day in a row I would always get razor burn. Over time my technique improved; now I can shave every day for the entire week with an SE and not get burned.

2. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

I know, or at least hope, you're right! I'm not parting with it no matter.. at least not yet. I couldn't shave with my R89 either, but that improved drastically over time.

3. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

And you can make it a daily razor. I think you wrote you changed your angle and had better results? I can't use the same angle with my R41 with my EJ89. Keep shaving away! You'll find the sweet spot. It's like me driving my wife's car, I need to make adjustments to the seat/mirror. And put gas in it. :)

CyanideMetal and tuxxdk like this.
  4. DLreno

DLreno Well-Known Member

A mild blade like a Crystal might tame the slant enough for you. Then, when you are ready, you can kick it up with sharper blades.

Bristle Me and tuxxdk like this.
  5. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

I have a "Crystal" in it now, well, not the real one, but a Q-Ball that should be the same with a different name. It feels the same as the Astra and the Viking's I've also tried.

But then again, it's not that it's that bad. It's just that I strive for a shave I can't feel at all after I'm done. And it might not be possible for what I expect. But time will tell as I get better with it :)

6. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I use an R41 as my daily razor. Get really nice results most of the time, if I pay attention.:angry032: I bought and tried a Merkur Progress and shaved with it yesterday for the first time. Almost a weeks beard! I looked like Father Time. Now I know the R41 would have no problem with beard reduction, the progress, wasn't sure. I tried. Had to use a completely different angle. Wow!! It outperformed my R41. The setting was on 4. Not sure (haven't researched) what the blade gap comparison would be. You'll get the BBS shave you're looking for. Remember a great baseball hitter hits 350 and he's a HOFer. Greatness won't happen with every swing nor shave.. I'll shut up now:git:

tuxxdk likes this.